Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Annie ate grease-uh oh

18216 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  kira
Earlier this evening my husband dumped some grease (about a cup) outside from meat we were cooking. Later, he wondered where Annie had been so long in the yard and found her licking/eating the grease he had poured out.
She is so tired tonight and not at all playful. I expected her to have some BM's by now but hasn't. Should I be worried? (I am!)

And yes, he has already said he will not dispose of grease this way again.:doh:
1 - 1 of 12 Posts
The one concern I'd have would be pancreatitis. Some dogs can be very sensitive to large amounts of fat. Since she was licking it up off the ground, she probably didn't ingest all that much volume.

Still, keep an eye out for the warning signs:
abdominal pain
abdominal distention
awkward, hunched up posture
greasy or discolored stool

Pancreatitis can cause severe organ damage and even death, so be careful. It's very unlikely, but it's worth looking out for.
1 - 1 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.