Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations Anney & Bally on your 3rd place in the Jacksonville Retriever Club Qualifying Field Trial!

For those that don't know, field trials are NOT pass/fail. They are scored and placements are 1-2-3-4, then Reserve JAM and JAM. JAM (Judge Award of Merit).
23 dogs started the field trial.
There are 4 series to a field trial.
Field trials are hard and Anney went all the way with Bally to 3rd place.
Placements are very hard to get in field trials.

Anney do you have any photos from the setups for the field trial or videos?

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Awesome!!! Hugest congratulations Anney!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Congratulations Anney & Bally on your 3rd place in the Jacksonville Retriever Club Qualifying Field Trial!

For those that don't know, field trials are NOT pass/fail. They are scored and placements are 1-2-3-4, then Reserve JAM and JAM. JAM (Judge Award of Merit).
23 dogs started the field trial.
There are 4 series to a field trial.
Field trials are hard and Anney went all the way with Bally to 3rd place.
Placements are very hard to get in field trials.
Great points, Alaska!
Let's give it a bit more color ...
* While there are 4 series, the judges ELIMINATE from further competition any dog that doesn't do well in a single series, i.e., it's single elimination.
* There were 25 dogs entered in the Qual and only 9 completed all 4 series to the satisfaction of the judges.
* Of the 25 dogs entered, 8 were handled by pros.

Anney and Bally ... JOB WELL DONE!

FTGoldens

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great points, Alaska!
* While there are 4 series, the judges ELIMINATE from further competition any dog that doesn't do well in a single series, i.e., it's single elimination.
* There were 25 dogs entered in the Qual and only 9 completed all 4 series to the satisfaction of the judges.

Anney and Bally ... JOB WELL DONE!

FTGoldens
FT,
Great point on the pros handling all the other dogs that finished the field trial. Wow, that makes the 3rd place all the more wonderful. Good for Anney! She also shows her own dog in dog shows. That's also an area that so few owner-handlers compete.

·
Kristy
9,163 Posts
!
* Of the 25 dogs entered, 8 were handled by pros....
OK, not sure how I missed this bit of information = HOLY COW!!! That is beyond amazing. My girl is Bally's littermate, so I've always been a little biased - but wow, this is truly impressive. Thanks FTGoldens, good clarification.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Ok I'll be honest, it all sounds greek to me. However, I do get that this is a wonderful accomplishment for both Anney and Bally :) . Congratulations to both of you!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
To clarify, of the 9 who completed all 4 series, she was the only one who owner-handled?

It's very impressive nonetheless! Congratulations Anney and Bally!

·
Registered
719 Posts
OK, not sure how I missed this bit of information = HOLY COW!!! That is beyond amazing. My girl is Bally's littermate, so I've always been a little biased - but wow, this is truly impressive. Thanks FTGoldens, good clarification.
Same here....Pilot is Bally’s son.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts