Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Ann and my golden's name is Sam but I call him Bubba. He just turnned 4 on Dec.30 th. My baby has Allergies.We have been to see a dermatology Dr. Wellington.Iam in Ontario.We now take shots ever other week. But we still have a problem with bitting our feet. Imake some of my own food and mix it with Royal Canine Golden Retriver in the morning. At night we get a food called Urban Wolf.We also use some Prednisone when the feet get bad but I do not like to use it.Any one have any ideas?

Ann:wave:

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Welcome to the board. I don't know about allergies myself, but I'm sure there are board members who have experience with them.

Glad you joined us, we love pictures so please post some of your boy!

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Abby gets the shot every other week, too. Truth be told she is still biting her feet and tail. The feet issue is from yeast, says the specialty vet, so when that gets bad I give her Ketoconozole which is anti-fungual. I also have temeril P which is a very small dose of steroid with an anti-histimine. The ground is frozen solid and there is much snow, so I don't know what she is itching from now, probably something in the house.

I'm pretty much out of ideas, too. The Vet says give the shots a year (it has been 9 months) and if it is not much better there are other things to try. There is an antihistimine called Clemastine that seems to work pretty well, I need to get some more. I feed dehydrated raw food (The Honest Kitchen) so vet does not think it is food.

On the bright side, she is a sweet, energetic girl and does not seem sick! I feel your pain, it is very frustrating. Good luck!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Sam.
I dont have any info about the allergies but hopefully the allergist will be able to get to the bottom of the problem. Hopefully it will be something easy to fix. Cant wait to see pictures of him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bubba

Hi Everyone and thank you for the welcome notes. Thank you to ABBYDABBYDO FOR YOUR INPUT. I AM OFF TO THE VET'S THIS MORNING TO PICK UP OUR NEXT SET OF ALLERGY MEDICINE. WE HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR A YEAR NOW ( JANUARY 2) I WILL ASK THE VET ABOUT THE THINGS THAT YOU TALKED ABOUT AND SEE WHAT SHE SAY'S. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING. MY BABY ALSO HAD LIGAMENT SURGERY ON HIS LEFT BACK LEG AROUND A YEAR OLD. HE IS GREAT NOW AND RUNS LIKE ANY OTHER GOLDEN. WE DO AGILITY ONCE A WEEK AND HE LOVES IT.
nOW I MUST TELL YOU ALL I AM NOT TO GOOD WITH THE COMPUTER BUT I AM GETTING THERE. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET PICTURES ON TO THE COMPUTER SO I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL ONE OF MY KIDS IS HERE TO SHOW ME. THEN I WILL PUT ON SOME PICTURES.
ANN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts