Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1801 - 1802 of 1802 Posts

·
Registered
21,127 Posts
Welcome back piano man! Much has changed. Change isn't always progress.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,802 (Edited)
Thank you :D It's good to be back!

I can hardly believe Rudy will be 8 sometime in December. Wow, time flies!

I've been in touch off and on over these years with the super kind woman who fed him when he'd run down to her farm. The couple who bought him as a pup abandoned him to fend for himself when he was 4 months old. When he'd run down to Angie's house, she made sure he ate all he wanted to, let him swim in her pond, and as her final act of kindness rescued him from the bare 3x3 cage the young couple had him caged up in in their carport amid bitterly cold temps, with no food, water, or blanket. She saved his life and was the only person who cared about him when the idiots who bought him as a puppy abandoned their responsibilities to care for him. She's a hero of mine!

BTW, Bailey has the hugest crush on me. :) She always lays so she has eyes on me, wagging her tail briskly at the slightest sign of acknowledgement. Both Bailey and Rudy never let me get more than a few feet from them. They're right there next to my side of the bed when I wake up, sometimes with both of their chins on the edge of the mattress waiting for me to wake up. She's a total doll!! And, of course, so is Rudy. Ollie is too, but he's quite a bit more independent than those two, largely due to his being our (self-appointed) "Chief of Security."

Here's Ollie sitting in the car seat I bought for him. He was forever batting down the barrier between the back and front of our Volvo wagon and climbing in my lap so he could see over the dash. As a very security conscious boy, he's always on the lookout for anyone not doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. Even at stoplights. LOL

1801 - 1802 of 1802 Posts