Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1781 - 1800 of 1802 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bailey

I am so sorry about your friends troubles, but so excited you and Jane have adopted Bailey. Bailey is beautiful. Looks like she might have some chow in her, and maybe some German Shepherd. I'm not expert though!

Bailey just landed in the most loving and fun home!

Reactions: dborgers

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,782
Thank you for the kind comments :) Bailey is a complete sweetheart. Her tail keeps air moving in the house. Always wagging, sometimes even while she sleeps.

We ordered a Wisdom Panel DNA test kit just to satisfy our curiosity. It hasn't arrived yet but I'll let y'all know when we get the results.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Thank you for the kind comments :) Bailey is a complete sweetheart. Her tail keeps air moving in the house. Always wagging, sometimes even while she sleeps.

We ordered a Wisdom Panel DNA test kit just to satisfy our curiosity. It hasn't arrived yet but I'll let y'all know when we get the results.
I can't wait to hear the results, but I agree with Karen on the mix. We'll see how close we are - or not!

·
Karen
986 Posts
Pretty sweet girl... Miss Bailey. I'm sorry to read about your friend's situation, but I'm sure that it is so comforting for them to know that Bailey is with your family. Love the collar, your wife has very good style. Will be fun to hear about the DNA test. Hugs

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,785

The DNA test is on its way back to the lab. I'll post the results for sure. I'm guessing Bailey's at least 50% sugar. :) Such a sweetheart.

One misleading factor in guessing her mix based on a photo is because she was a huge fluffy ball of long hair before her spa day. It included a shave so we could deal with some skin problems. I'm sure she's a lot more comfortable in this sweltering heat.

She and Rudy started playing chase and bitey face this afternoon. It was SO cute. And right on cue, Ollie went into 'fun police' mode LOL It's been great to see that she's 100% comfortable. It may also be because her 2 week run of pills and ear drops are over. That alone is a reason to want to play. I'm going to take her to the lake sometime this week. I think it'll be her first time ever in the water. She has webbed feet, so chances are good she'll at least enjoy splashing around in the water even if she doesn't swim. I'll have her on a 100' rope, but if down the line she shows great recall (and her hearing is what it should be), it will be icing on the cake that she can just be herself and have a great time.

Rudy's on the couch next to me, and Bailey is on a dog bed sawing logs here in the den. All is well ...

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Bailey really hit the jackpot. That’s great that she and Rudy are playing-it’s always fun to watch! You guys have such big hearts!

Reactions: Peri29 and dborgers

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
I am happy to read great news about Bailey. Very sorry about your friends situation but knowing that their girl is in good home sure gives them peace of mind.

·
Registered
678 Posts
The story made me almost cry. How wonderful you rescued her again after soooo many years. This girl and you were definitely soul mates. Eternal love. Destined love . I am sure she came with all her best luck, health and joy to your family. Bless you and bless her.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,789 (Edited)
Hello y'all! :)

Wow, it's been a couple of years since I checked in. Password troubles and completely different website got me a little frustrated. Anyway, good to see you all.

We're doing well. The only news is that we now also have a cat. He has a high pitched meow and one white paw, so we named him "Mikey" after Michael Jackson. He was about 5 months old when he showed up on the side porch, skinny with ear mites. My wife is allergic to cat hair, so it started with "we'll feed him on the porch," then "he can only come in the hallway," then "he can only come in the FRONT part of the house. Well, you can guess the rest.

Mikey is good at catching a mouse, as evidenced in this pic:

Below is our Christmas picture. L-R Rudy, Ollie on Santa's lap, and Bailey. Trying to get a picture while Rudy and Bailey were intently focused on Santa's Helpers - just off camera with treats - was like herding cats! Ollie was the perfect boy on Santa's lap.

Like most, we're doing everything we can to avoid catching COVID. It's a serious virus causing serious damage in even people in their 20's - lungs, heart, immune, cognitive abilities, joint pain, and more. Anyhoo, we're wearing masks whenever we have to go to the store. Other than that, working at home and binge watching TV.

I have to figure out how to use this new website ...

Hope you're all doing well!

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,790
Oh, I forgot to follow up with Bailey's DNA results (Wisdom Panel):

17.5% each:
Rottweiler
German Shepherd
Akita
Chow
Italian Greyhound (what!! LOL)

The other 12.5% is a mix of TERRIER and hound

This is the 4th Wisdom Panel Insights DNA test we've done. They are very accurate. Her head looks like a Rottie, the coloring of her hair, GS dog, her legs are shorter like a chow, and her coat is really thick like an Akita. And sometimes that hound comes out in her sleep when she lets out a 'ba-ROOOO.'

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Good to see your update Danny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,123 Posts
Welcome back Danny, great to see you and great reading the update about your life and the furkids. They all look great, love the pic of Mikey on your key board.

Here's some info that will help you navigate the new platform-

Tutorial-

FAQs-these can be found by clicking on the three dots to the right of your avatar at the top of any Forum page- here is a direct link.

PMs are now called "Conversations"

Hope this helps, good seeing you again, hope we'll see you more often.
Take care of yourselves and be safe!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
So good to hear you all are doing well. I also have a Rudy named after the same movie character. Loved that movie.

·
Registered
17,614 Posts
Hi Danny, great to see you back here, so glad you're all doing well. Great photos, I've missed reading all your updates, hope you'll get to grips with the new look forum and that you'll be back soon!.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,795 (Edited)
Welcome back Danny, great to see you and great reading the update about your life and the furkids. They all look great, love the pic of Mikey on your key board.

Here's some info that will help you navigate the new platform-

Tutorial-

FAQs-these can be found by clicking on the three dots to the right of your avatar at the top of any Forum page- here is a direct link.

PMs are now called "Conversations"

Hope this helps, good seeing you again, hope we'll see you more often.
Take care of yourselves and be safe!
That's Mikey in Jane's home office. He is very helpful in letting us know when dinnertime is. Also, he does a great impersonation of Kato in the Pink Panther movies. He playfully hides and jumps out. Or, the slow lone paw that pops up from under a curtain to make a gentle and playful pat to Jane, myself, or one of the dogs. None of them mind, particularly, but don't mess with Bailey's tail or she'll let out a warning growl. Other than that, they nap together.

Thanks for the helpful info :) The old website was easy to navigate. This version? Not so much.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,797
So good to hear you all are doing well. I also have a Rudy named after the same movie character. Loved that movie.
I loved it as well. It's a perfect name for an underdog :D

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,798
Hi Danny, great to see you back here, so glad you're all doing well. Great photos, I've missed reading all your updates, hope you'll get to grips with the new look forum and that you'll be back soon!.
Nice to be back here. It's hard finding where the old commonly used links are, like new posts, etc. It's pretty confusing, but I'll try to figure it out. I kept having trouble logging in last year. After 3 or 4 attempts, I abandoned my attempts. We'll see how it goes. But great to see all of you!

·
Registered
17,614 Posts
I agree, it's much more fiddly than the old version, I'm so glad you're back though and I know that Barnaby would be thrilled to see his "Piano Man" again!

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,123 Posts
That's Mikey in Jane's home office. He is very helpful in letting us know when dinnertime is. Also, he does a great impersonation of Kato in the Pink Panther movies. He playfully hides and jumps out. Or, the slow lone paw that pops up from under a curtain to make a gentle and playful pat to Jane, myself, or one of the dogs. None of them mind, particularly, but don't mess with Bailey's tail or she'll let out a warning growl. Other than that, they nap together.

Thanks for the helpful info :) The old website was easy to navigate. This version? Not so much.
Mikey sounds like quite a character and a great addition to the family.

This new platform might seem a little overwhelming at first, but the more you use it, the easier it is to navigate and find your way around. There's a lot of new features that are actually easier to do in this one than in the previous platform.

1781 - 1800 of 1802 Posts