Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1802 Posts

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of you may remember Andy, my boy who had lymphoma but lived by the motto "Carpe Diem" (Seize The Day) every single day. Andy went to the bridge March 29th last year. A couple months ago I finally began to feel I was ready to adopt another rescue boy.

Today I turn a page: Another year older ... starting another chapter of life:

Please say hello to Rudy!
:D

Rudy is a one year old, super sweet boy who was found tied up and left to starve when his people sold their house and moved away. A kindly person found him a couple months ago, extremely underweight, and got him into TVGRR, the golden rescue in Knoxville, TN I adopted Andy and two seniors before him from.

His original name didn't suit him, so I named him after the lead character in a great movie called "Rudy" - an inspirational and true story of a 5' 2" guy whose dream was to play football for Notre Dame. Another underdog ... like Rudy :) His foster family started calling him Rudy, and he knows his name very well now.

The president of TVGRR called me at Christmas and said "Danny, have we got a beautiful boy for you!!" I went to meet him a couple days later and was immediately smitten by this super sweet 1 year old boy. I explained that Katie hadn't had her cataract surgery yet. They generously said they'd be willing to foster him until we knew whether Katie would have surgery or not. What a kind thing for them to have done :)

I went to meet Rudy at his foster home in Knoxville for the first time December 28th, and then again so he could meet Ollie, the little toy poodle we rescued off the street Dec 21st, 2012.

Rudy, who's about 3/4's Andy's size, has, like Andy before him, a food obsession from being deprived. I don't mind giving him treats one bit! :D

This is the same day I took Ollie to meet Rudy in his foster home in Knoxville:

Camera in left hand, treats in my right hand:

Rudy wanted to play some more that day. Ollie was done LOL:

I had a two day "Gotcha Day" this past weekend. Drove over to Knoxville and spent the night at Rudy's foster home Friday night, Rudy and I sharing a bed :D Saturday, TVGRR had their monthly Adopt-A-Thon, so Rudy and I attended it before heading back to Nashville. Rudy is quite a social butterfly, a typical super friendly golden.

Rudy rode from his foster home to the event with me. When we arrived at the Adopt-A-Thon I handed his leash to the couple who'd been fostering him, knowing how hard it is to say goodbye.

Chilling for a minute. His foster dad is holding the leash in the next few pics.

Saying hi to a family looking to adopt a golden:

Getting a treat:

Bonnie, his foster mom, says goodbye before we hit the highway:

We headed off to Nashville. Rudy really likes riding in the car. Here, he's interested in which CD I was putting in for the drive back to Nashville LOL:

Of course, I needed to initiate him to the joys and wonders of McNuggets! Here he is eating his very first one :D

LIVE :D:

Rudy is very comfortable here. As though he's lived here all his life:

Well, I'm over the moon, to say the least. He's licking my hand right now. I'd better go take this youngster for some play :D

·
Luna and Lily's Dad
491 Posts
That's wonderful. Congrats to you both!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I think you both hit the jackpot!!! Wooo Hoooo! Wonderful, he is beautiful......oh Rudy the adventures you have ahead of you! He is gorgeous, and very, very lucky! WELCOME HOME RUDY! Happy Birthday Danny, another job well done!

p.s....love the name (my son went to ND).....Dawn

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Danny

:DDanny

What a BIRTHDAY PRESENT!! :wavey::D
I know you both hit the jackpot!:D:wavey:
DOING the Happy Dance for you and Rudy and I know that Andy is, too!!:wavey::D

Reactions: dborgers

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
Bless you for continuing to rescue! I got choked up reading your post. I'm so very happy for you and for Rudy. I love his name and the meaning behind it.

Poor little guy had a rough start in life. Who in the world could leave such a wonderful boy tied up and alone? Well, apparently his previous owners. Sheesh.

I couldn't be happier for you and for Rudy. He is so handsome and I can't wait to read more about his wonderful new life with you!
Congratulations, and Happy Birthday too! :party:

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Danny we are so happy for you!! :D

Welcome to your new life beautiful boy Rudy :wavey: you're going to have an amazing one! What a wonderful birthday present for you. Andy will be beaming down and so happy that you've got a golden to love again.

Can't wait to follow Rudy's adventure with you! Have a great birthday!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Rudy is the perfect name I love that movie and you can just see the joy and intelligence that shines from his eyes! He will bring you love for years to come.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TY everyone! :D

This is Rudy getting a treat from his TVGRR foster mom before I took him back to Nashville:

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!! This is such amazing news, Danny!!!! Rudy has hit the jackpot!!! He couldn't have asked for a better forever home.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know Andy would be very happy another boy gets to spend his life having fun and munching McNuggets now and then :)

1 - 20 of 1802 Posts