Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm busy installing Pet Guide on all my Android tablets and my Samsung Galaxy phone. It's nice to finally have this in an android format!

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I searched for pet guide and nothing appropriate came up... what am I missing?

·
Administrator
16,463 Posts
Yesterday when I did a restart on my phone it popped up after that when I went to GRF. Another Mod was not getting it as she was using Firefox on her phone but when she switched to a general web browser for the phone and did a restart it popped up for her too. She installed it, I did not....

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Thanks Rob! Going to the foum did make it pop up even though nothing showed when I searched for it in the App store. Weird. Anyway, downloading now.

Julie, Jersey and Oz

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
You may be able to find it on your phone searching apps without a space between the words. "Petguide"

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
I had GRF saved in my web browser on my phone. Today was the first time i accessed the forum from my phone in a while. I was pleased that it said there was an app available for this forum and would I like to install it. :) No problems so far.

It is a different format from my PC and will take a bit to get used to it. I like it!:squintdan

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
For those of us who are computer / android app challenged what is the advantage of having this app?

Pete & Woody

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The app lets you browse the latest topics easier and you can also get to individual forums. I actually like the layout of it. It seems different from the one on my inherited ipad too- but I'm not sure because I'm rarely using that tablet. My only issue is it's hard for me to text on my tablet or phone so I usually use the app for browsing, or thanking good posts. It's easier for me to get to vs. the browser- it saves a step in finding my bookmarks because it always pulls up when you click on it.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
I have to agree with you guys there that nothing beats a good old keyboard for typing out a thread or post.
Rob as crazy as it sounds I'm more comfortable on my iPad typing out a thread or post now. I never thought I'd say that but I can't believe how quickly I've learned to type with one finger. Don't get me wrong I don't have a smart phone but trying to type on that small keyboard I would think would be a nightmare. Along with a desk top PC and a Mac Book Pro I really prefer the the iPad. Go figure...:bowl:

Pete & Woody

·
Professional Member
1,548 Posts
Rob as crazy as it sounds I'm more comfortable on my iPad typing out a thread or post now. I never thought I'd say that but I can't believe how quickly I've learned to type with one finger. Don't get me wrong I don't have a smart phone but trying to type on that small keyboard I would think would be a nightmare. Along with a desk top PC and a Mac Book Pro I really prefer the the iPad. Go figure...:bowl:

Pete & Woody
Same here, I only spend 1% of the time on the forum website, because I'm always on the go

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'm the other mod who installed this app, and I have to admit, I'm not a fan. For one thing, it doesn't offer moderation functions so it's limited for me from that aspect, but I also found it rather cumbersome to use. I'm fairly adept at using my phone to browse/post on the web, but this particular app is such a complete departure from the layout of the forum, that I found it annoying. There were also rather a lot of ads which I would prefer to live without. I did install it and explored it for a while, but truth be told, I think I probably won't use it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts