Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Anderson, SC- Senior Purebred Golden Boy!

9K views 197 replies 25 participants last post by  coppers-mom 
#1 ·
I just got off the phone with the shelter! He is there, and he needs a rescue or placement. PLEASE if you can help, call and ask for Michelle!!!

864-260-4151

Hurry! They don't know how much time he has. If someone will adopt him and hang onto him for a few days, it could buy him time. Worst case we could bring him down here.

Attachments

See less See more
#57 ·
I am so excited to meet this guy on Friday! I can't wait to see new pictures of him happy.

Copper's Mom - thank you so much for visiting him today and letting him know some real loving! I received the following e-mail from Michelle following your visit:

"He [Buster] has absolutely transformed since Teresa came, bathed him and played with him!! I am so very happy you have saved his life!! Thank you both so very much!"

Michelle Shead
Rescue Coordinator
Anderson County Animal Shelter

And for everyone else here that has helped by generous offers of financial help, help with transport, and just well wishes and prayers for Buster - thank you!

#58 ·
Buster

GOD bless you for all you did for Buster today!

Can you imagine how he felt having someone visit him, bring him a toy, give him a bath and getting to lay his BIG HEAD in your lap!!

YOU are his angel. I bet BUSTER has won almost every heart on this forum already.

Looking forward to pictures. I would say you've had a FULL DAY!!!!!:doh:

#60 ·
I am having trouble uploading the pictures. I live in the woods and have dial up. I think they are too large. If I can't get anything to work here, I will post from work tomorrow.:(
Anybody have e-mail I can send to and get you to post? Just one or two since this setup does not work well.
I also have one of his head in my lap, but it's on the cell phone and I don't know how to get it here.

#62 ·
Coppers Mom - you can e-mail them to me and I will post.

#64 ·
CoppersMom

CoppersMom:

You can email the pics to me too and I will be HAPPY to post.

karenvans@comcast.net

**the pic on the cell phone is more complicated. It has to be downloaded from your cell phone to your computer.
I'm not that computer savy!!!

#67 ·
I am soooooo excited yo got it. It took over 20 minutes on dial-up.

All my pics are from before his bath and grooming so he is a little ratty looking (but who cares!). He had long penduous mats around his ears (you can see them in the pic) and he let me comb those out without any complaint! I really wish they had a pair of clippers, but that place has no supplies! I even had to go buy towels to dry him with.

I'll set another one up to send. Just be real patient with me.

I love Buster! You all would too.

#69 ·
CoppersMom

CoppersMOM

Just send one at a time I'll be here all day and will poste them as I receive them.

Buster is A DOLL BABY!

Don't forget to do what AquaClara said with your cell phone pic. Text her.

#72 ·
Whoo hoo! I'll send more pics from work later. Thanks Karen for posting these. I forget that you guys did not have the pleasure of spending 4 - 4.5 hours with Buster yesterday.

He is a great dog. He likes to play tug, but will let you take the toy or treat out of his mouth too.

After we played, walked and both got soaking wet from his bath, we went inside and plopped down on the floor in front of a fan. Buster would ask everyone going by to play tug of war. He really liked the public service man because he could pull pretty hard. Buster is strong! He also showed no signs of difficulty getting up and down and walking/trotting around.

He finally fell asleep between my legs with his head in my lap.

Thank you to everyone who has offered to help pay his adoption cost. My mother called me last night and said God told her to mail me $50 yesterday. She shouldn't have sent me money. She still worries since my husband was laid off for the summer and is still "on again, off again". I told her about Buster and will put her money towards him. His adoption and microchip cost $90 so I will cover the rest.

Jealous1 might still need some help with heartworm and flea meds or a rescue group might need money for his care.
Very surprising - he did not seem to have fleas when I washed him, but I used Dawn (which I had to go buy.....) just in case.

He is so cute and sweet. I avoid the rescue forums since I can't say no and I can't keep another dog right now, but I guess it was meant to be.

#73 ·
Ah - he was not clean in that picture. I had put the camera back in the car before I starting washing and combing and didn't get it back out.
I do have one of him in my lap that I will figure out how to post later.

#74 ·
Don't worry about flea and HW meds - I can take care of. If you will, when you pick him up tomorrow make sure the vet gives you a printout of what all he has had and make sure it states that he is HW-. I am about to order HW meds through entirelypets.com and they will need a copy of the vet's printout showing he was HW- in order for me to purchase. Thanks!

#75 ·
I have his shot records and it shows heartworm-. I also have an aftercare form for his surgery.

There is a local vet who travels around in a Winnebago and will sell me heartworm meds and flea meds pretty cheap. I'll check his prices and see if they are better than you can get online. I think it 35ish for the large dog heartworm (Interceptor or Heartguard) and about that for frontline, but it is not frontline plus.

Besides, then I could deliver them and see Buster again.:)

#76 ·
If I am covering the up front costs (with my Mom's help) and you are covering the maintenance, it looks like he is out of debt at this time.

If anybody would be inclined to send the shelter a donation, it might help next time but they were really nice concerned people. They really don't have many supplies.:no:

I loved meeting Buster and spending time with him, but the shelter was a very hard place to be. I saw horrible people dropping animals off and the dog faces - well, I just couldn't look at them.:(

Say your mantra T- Buster is safe, Buster is safe.........:p:

I told the "picture taker" that Buster's poor pitiful face on Petfinders is what brought him to ACC's attention and started the ball rolling to rescue him.:)

#78 ·
Buster

I would say that Buster has a harem working for him!!:)

He is a love for sure!!:)

Am I confused is someone adopting Buster, or is someone fostering him after he gets picked up by Teresa tomorrow?

#79 ·
Teresa will be bringing him to me for fostering. I am still working on trying to get a rescue to agree to take him into their program to help find him a forever home. Anyone . . . ?

#81 ·
Awww, ACC, what's one more? Ian can't be keeping you THAT busy (LOL)!

Seriously, from your recent posts you've been staying busy helping out so many dogs - thanks! (Hope it's not all from insomnia.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.