Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleaned out the toy box today...this was the pile of toys to discard. They were limbs and faces of stuffies that met a violent demise. There were ropes that were practically shredded...an aqua Kong on a rope that no longer had a rope (what in the world was I to do with a foam-stuffed Kong??). He never touched the Kong after the rope was gone.

Enzo caught me in the act.

To be fair, he DID still occasionally carry around the stuffy limbs...but I still don't think I was deserving of this "silent treatment".

Then he realized that I just cleaned out the toy box so that there would be room for his 5 new stuffies and new rope!

Now we're cool again and Enzo is very apologetic for giving me a hard time. Can't you see it on his face?

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, but that's now one of my favorite books. We named him Enzo after the Ferrari. I told my husband that he needs to get the car names out of his system before we have kids. lol But when Enzo was a few months old, we were at PetSmart and a guy came up and asked to pet him. He asked me his name and when I told him, he told me about the book. They recently released another version of the book - one for young adults that glosses over the more adult themes in the book. I bought it for my younger sister.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Enzo Bama feels your pain. His toy box is filled with scraps of toys. He wont let me throw any of them away. Only after Santa fills it up again will I throw some of the scraps out. Love that handsome Enzo.

·
Allie's Mom
256 Posts
Wow Enzo sure has a ton of toy... parts! I followed another member's advice and use the limbs to fill up a newly shredded toy after all the stuffing's been pulled out. Makes cleaning up a lot easier and they look at you like it's Christmas all over again! :D

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Enzo sure has a ton of toy... parts! I followed another member's advice and use the limbs to fill up a newly shredded toy after all the stuffing's been pulled out. Makes cleaning up a lot easier and they look at you like it's Christmas all over again! :D

Unfortunately, we don't really have much left of newly shredded toys to stuff. lol He literally shreds them...holes everywhere. I make a point to only buy cheap toys or really durable toys now. The new stuffies? $2 each on clearance at PetSmart. lol

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Awww what a cutie...look at those faces! :)

We can't even let toys get to that point because Koda actually eats all the stuffing, not just pull it out!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
No, but that's now one of my favorite books. We named him Enzo after the Ferrari. I told my husband that he needs to get the car names out of his system before we have kids. lol But when Enzo was a few months old, we were at PetSmart and a guy came up and asked to pet him. He asked me his name and when I told him, he told me about the book. They recently released another version of the book - one for young adults that glosses over the more adult themes in the book. I bought it for my younger sister.
So, I guess he'll be wanting to name your future daughter Porsche and your son Chevy or Ford? :uhoh:

That's very cute--and we have a lot of toys that look like Enzos--I tried surgery a few times but it never lasted. :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi Enzos mom. Can you tell me what kind of collar he is wearing, it looks like there is a reflective material around the sides?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lol that is a huge pile of carnage! Im thinking maybe Enzo needs a new toy box lol it appears to have taken quite a beating! We are on our third toy box....she always wants the toy on the bottom ofcourse

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
So cute!! Did you name him after the Enzo in the book The Art of Racing in the Rain?
I just read this book over Thanksgiving. It's wonderful!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts