Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon Prime is the free 2 day shipping option. In our area they don't use UPS for most of the deliveries, but a third rate company called Ensenda. A month ago I complained about an order that was not delivered on time, got a credit to my account. It happened again, got another credit... well, it's happened again, yesterday. I've complained again! All deliveries are by Ensenda too. I assume I'll get yet another credit. I wonder when Amazon is going to realize this company is costing them $? Pretty soon the credits will offset the money it costs to join Prime! Thank goodness this isn't a critical for Christmas order because it wasn't just late--it never arrived. I sent an email to Amazon last night at 8 p.m. informing them it was late and they asked me to wait until after close of business to send in the complaint. ???? Isn't 8 p.m. after close of business?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I haven't gone to Amazon Prime because the shipping through the Super Saver Free shipping is so incredibly fast, I have never had a complaint.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up cancelling the purchase and getting my credit card refunded. If it shows up (a big "if") I have the option of buying it then or sending it back at their expense.

I also sent Amazon Customer Service an email to see if there was any way to keep Prime but opt out of Ensenda as the delivery carrier for my account. They promptly wrote back they would pass my concerns on to the shipping department management--in other words no, that's the company the contract is with, but my complaint will be lodged/possibly considered when contract renewal comes around. Ensenda is the second carrier used by Amazon in this market (DFW) for Prime. My guess is it won't be the last. Sometimes the biggest and more expensive option (UPS or Fed Ex) is the best, in terms of quality. I changed my options on Prime to not auto renew as well. We'll probably go back to the Free Shipping that usually takes a week to get here. I'm also suspecting that something is going to break on the sales-tax advantage mail order companies get so Amazon pricing won't be as competitive in the future anyway.

I know Amazon is aware of customer complaints about deliveries, especially in high density housing, because today's paper said they are considering a deal with 7-11 stores to deliver packages to for customers to pick up there as an option. I think that's an excellent idea and could cut down on theft from front doors.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
UGH, hope they don't use Ensenda where my mil lives. I just used it to get her gifts to her before Christmas..... that's what I get for being so last minute!

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UGH, hope they don't use Ensenda where my mil lives. I just used it to get her gifts to her before Christmas..... that's what I get for being so last minute!
Are you on Prime? Maybe Florida is on the standard good guy list! I still think Amazon is punishing TX because of the sales tax broo haha last year. They stick Ensenda on us as revenge!!;)

BTW--for important/expensive, highly theftable things like Kindles and major electronic items, they still use UPS or Fed Ex in the DFW market, not Ensenda--that alone tells me the company has doubts about Ensenda's security and quality.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, to add to the craziness, I just got a text telling me my package is on its way again! I cancelled it and got a confirmation! Truly bizarre!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
That would be frustrating, especially at a time like now, where the holidays are in full swing. I just did a quick Google "ensenda amazon" and there are a TON of complaints about that delivery service. It's a shame that Amazon has chosen not to respond to this problem.

Here is a discussion on the Amazon website that you might want to contribute to: http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon ...X5GEB7TUX8&ref_=cm_cd_pg_oldest&cdSort=newest

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm on the phone with the India call center for Amazon Customer Service, trying to either, block the delivery company (which I think will be futile), or get me a prorated return on the Prime membership. My comments on Ensenda were escalated up some. I don't think anything will happen though!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't want me to cancel Prime just yet, but I got another $15 in promotional credits for my trouble. At this rate the complaints and promotional credits will pay for the prime membership soon.:uhoh:

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The package just arrived, a half day late. After reading others' experiences with Ensenda I guess we are fortunate. Yikes.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I WONDER, if the people that are here illegally, are the cause.
I'm not going to speculate on that; however, I'm lucky because the guy who delivered this one actually had a clean white van and didn't show up in a pick up truck with the stuff in the truck bed (read that on the complaint forum for Ensenda)!

I just called Amazon. I got to talk to the American call center this time, explained what happened and advised we will keep this delivery and not return it. He's extending my Prime membership another month. :uhoh: So today, I got an extra month on Prime and $15 promotional credit, all due to Ensenda's not delivering on time.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I WONDER, if the people that are here illegally, are the cause.

I'm sorry. I find this comment very offensive and totally unacceptable. Seriously? Now the illegals (not the legal folks of hispanic descent that are here and hardworking, god forbid that anyone of hispanic descent be here legally) are causing issues with Amazon's delivery? Unbelievable!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got another Amazon Prime delivery today. I'm not sure why this happened, because this was an order sold and fulfilled by Amazon, not a third party, but the delivery truck that came up and was not an Ensenda truck but actually a Fed Ex truck, with a very nice Fed Ex delivery guy! I just happened to look out my front window and saw a truck sitting there, so I opened the front door and he came bounding down with my delivery. He told me he was doing morning deliveries but realized when he was a street over he had an afternoon delivery on my street (me) so he pulled over to double check it and get it out of the back to save him time--and he pulled over right in front of my house! He decided to deliver it early! Gotta love Fed Ex!! I don't know if Amazon took pity on me after the fiasco of last week or what, but I am a happy camper today!:)

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, the problem order was double charged to me!:banghead: I called Customer Service and got it resolved, but Prime is more trouble than it's worth!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Sorry to hear the continuing frustration. :(
I do know how you feel, I am STILL going round and round with Barnes and Noble. :doh:

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry to hear the continuing frustration. :(
I do know how you feel, I am STILL going round and round with Barnes and Noble. :doh:
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Does your wife like the Kindle though?

BTW, I couldn't figure out why our mail wasn't here....:doh::doh:- The USPS if closed today for Christmas and will be closed on January 2 for New Years!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Does your wife like the Kindle though?

BTW, I couldn't figure out why our mail wasn't here....:doh::doh:- The USPS if closed today for Christmas and will be closed on January 2 for New Years!

Yes she LOVES it!!
It amazes me how hard they are making it to get their own Nook back. They already refunded my money and I have contacted noot less than 5 different customer service folks via email and chat, that as of this moment have done nothing. So it will sit in the UPS box till someone there wakes up and realizes it. :doh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts