Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Tucker absolutely loves the snow, and playing with the boys in it. Tucker's ideal snow day is this:

1. Whine at back door to go out and play in the snow.
2. Run and play in snow with brothers, until snowballs hang from belly, and are wedged between toes.
3. Come inside for Dad to blow dry tummy and toes with hair dryer to remove snowballs and dry fur.
4. Repeat.

Anyone else crazy enough to do this?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
YUP! About 6 times today..... they are finally sleeping. Nuts? yeah we are but who can resist this?

Dog Canidae Snow Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
We haven't had enough snow to reach her tummy yet. She bites the snowballs out of her feet.

When we did have enough snow, we snowblew the backyard so she could get around comfortably. :curtain:

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Well, I live so far down south that we get almost no snow and Copper does not like inclement weather so we hang out together and pout when it does snow. The youngsters are short haired dogs and they don't accumulate snow.

:):p:;) I think a 30 minute massage and then heating pad application is sufficent spoiling for Copper. At least it is if I do it twice a day.:)

Attachments

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Your guys sound like my bridge boy Sam. Snow was his other favorite form of water.
Ike won't stay out long enough for iceballs to form...maybe tomorrow when we're back outside shoveling again...& he hates the blow dryer, the sound hurts his ears, so he has to be towel dried and then sit in front of the fireplace to get fully dry.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
If it would snow in Georgia like that I would be right there with you!
Tuff may have other thoughts...
Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed Carnivore

I think that's a "screw you Dad... if you like it... you go play in it" look on his face:confused:
He has seen snow accumulate one time and he did not seem too happy that I tried to get him out in it and play:doh:

You all be safe and stay warm!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
The picture of Tuff dog is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We share the same opinion about snow.:)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Oh, that is not a happy face. LOL

My first golden hated water in any form, go figure.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
I gotta say, the title of the thread made me LOL. My dogs love the snow, I tolerate the snow. And we are all crazy :).

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
yep...right there with you....but I find it easier to get the ice balls off with warm water in the shower first then blow dry with Chester. Murphy's fur is still short so the ice balls aren't as bad on him just a quick dry. I am really tired tonight!!!

·
They grow so fast
653 Posts
If it would snow in Georgia like that I would be right there with you!
Tuff may have other thoughts...
View attachment 70152
I think that's a "screw you Dad... if you like it... you go play in it" look on his face:confused:
He has seen snow accumulate one time and he did not seem too happy that I tried to get him out in it and play:doh:

You all be safe and stay warm!

OHH MY that is priceless

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I cannot believe what I will do for this dog. We had never used a blow dryer on him before yesterday. It did not take him long to realize it felt good! So he stood in front of me while I sat on the floor. He even lifted his back leg to allow better access. I am definitely crazy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My Trinian LOVES playing in the snow*!
WE have had over 3 feet ( with lake effect snows) but missed this last east coast snow storm. Still, our pack snow is over 2 feet deep and Trini loves to go out with me when I strap on my Xc skis to play in it!
The sun is out this morning so maybe snow shoeing will be great this afternoon.
He loves to catch and chase snow balls !

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Totally nut-so, bonkers, certifiably cuckoo!!

I just came in from playing with the puppies outside in the snow. I was actually rolling on the ground wrestling in the snow with both of them - LMAO :banana::banana:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts