Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be bringing this little guy home next week. Gotta get through the 2 visits (that's cruel :doh:) with him before I can adopt.. and then home sweet home.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=14553188

I hope this comes out as the petfinder page-- if not.. can someone refresh me on how to paste a petfinder page in here? Thanks..

Talk to you all soon
pat at the jersey shore

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks, Amber... I can allllmoooossst touch him... yet, so far away...

Your Winchester is some handsome dude...:)!!

Pat
at the Jersey shore

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Oakly and Mellissk..

can't wait... he reminds me of a childhood dog....

keep warm, one and all.. it's cold out here too!

Pat

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
He is a very sweet looking dog. Why do you have to have two visits with him? Does he come to your house or do you go to him?

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
thank you for rescuing! he looks so cute!

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey susan!

Rescue rules say I have to visit him once (at fosters house 2 hours away) then sleep on it...and pick him up at a later time.

Seems harsh.. but.. i understand.. BUT... lots of emails have gone back and forth and I'm committed... so..still don't understand.. But, it has to be..

I am a very patient person.. I can see tho, why most folks out there run to pet store... much easier.. I think we have to make the rescues a bit more
inviting and flexible so all the PTS'ers DON'T GET PUT TO SLEEP!!

Pat
in jersey

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Oh my gosh!!!! He is SOOOOOO beautiful!!!! I absolutely love the black golden look - adorable!!! I cannot wait for him to get home so you can post lots more pictures for us. What are you going to call him?

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey bogey's!

thanks...! I'm not sure what to call him..he's Charlie now.. maybe Arlo.. after my favorite folk singer... i'm up for name suggestions here!

Welcome to your new puppy! beauteous!!

pat

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
carolina and Faith...

you're too kind.. thanks! I decided to test my patience and go with rescue.. and it's tested alright... but, in the end.. worth it...

he looks like what you'd call a "faithful companion" type... so very regal...

he came from the carolinas, I believe.

Well.. now it means I gotta get my lazy behind outta bed earlier! :bowl:

pat

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Janine, you are so right! thanks...:wavey:

I feel like a kid... I gotta-- turned the big 6 0h recently, and I got to do something youthful! buy clothes? no.. buy a new car which I need? no....

bring home a puppy.. that's it!

pat

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
He sure is cute! thanks for adopting. I wish more people would and that less dogs needed rescuing. Here's his petfinder page and additional pictures:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie-Lab
Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever [Mix]

Medium
Baby
Male
Dog

Click to see
full size

More About Charlie-Lab

Good looking, adorable, tendered hearted and just a tad timid, this boy melts hearts! Charlie, a nearly 6 month old boy is curious by nature, well behaved and just a wonderful boy! Crate trained with not one accident since his arrival in his foster home, Charlie has stolen our hearts and been a joy to foster. He's sweet, charismatic and calm for a young pup. Still, he is a pup and will need consistent, positive reinforcement for desired behaviors so that he can flourish into a valued, enjoyable family member. He's a charmer! Better hurry to meet this boy or we may adopt him ourselves!! If you are interested in adopting, or for Last Chance Dogs, in helping by fostering, or fostering to adopt, please complete an application and send in ASAP.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Pat, that youngster is a cutie! I'll bet you're jumping out of your skin with impatience to get him home. Thanks for rescuing, even though it does take lots of patience sometimes.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Oh he is a Nellie Dog. One of the girls on the forum (NellisMom) has a black lab/golden and she is beautiful. Congratulations on bringing him home and I cant wait for more pictures. He is just too cute.

·
The Jersey Shore
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks Beau!

He's charmin' isn't he? I'll post pics when I get him home...

Pat!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
A black Golden?....Stunning.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts