I had a litter of 10. Whenever my pups got a little pee of poop on them, it was cleaned immediately. We held out pups regularly. My grandchildren held our pups and there was no way we wanted to hold them if they were dirty. The conditions of the kennel say a lot about the breeder. In this case, in my opinion, it says walk away. As far as the allergy, I don't know of a child being allergic to one dog and not another unless of course one of those dogs is a poodle. I am told that they are hypo allergenic. I think that the allergic reaction might be from something in the breeders house or something that she may have put on the dogs like a flea powder.