Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 9 month old golden who recently will get random hard bumps almost like hives on the bridge of his nose. They appear suddenly then disappear within a couple hours and sometimes reappear just as quickly. The first day this happened, we thought it was spider bites or maybe he got stung by something, but a few days later, the bumps appeared again, but in different spots on his nose. I have felt around the rest of his face and neck and body and can't feel anything. The bumps aren't red or scaly they're just like hard bumps. Then this morning, I let him out of his crate and immediately noticed his eyebrows kind of look swollen making his eyes look smaller. We live in the country in Northern Virginia. He's outside often, but it's not like he's roaming around in fields. Our vet recommended 50 mg 2x per day for the next week and wants us to bring him in. I gave him Benadryl this morning. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Also, unsure if this is related to this, but he's also recently not really eating breakfast or lunch. He'll kind of pick at it and he used to LOVE to eat. He always will eat dinner though. Our vet says it's morning sickness and recommended that we give him 1/3rd of his dinner portion right before bed so that he doesn't have a completely empty stomach when he wakes up in the morning. I really think the quality of veterinarians has declined in the past decade. 🙄

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts