Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is limping! It just wasn't our day at the beach... well actually, we had a blast! But as we were headed out, they all decided to do one last big zoomie, and they ran after a daring pit bull cutie who took off right across the oyster shells we generally avoid. All four of mine, and the pit, came back leaving bloody foot prints :doh: Of course Rigby wasn't so foolish ;)

So, this sucks! I guess we'll be doing lots of swimming for the next few days at the sandy beach that's not as exciting, but where they won't hurt themselves or irritate their paws. Starlite, to my surprise, is the worst off. He was very wise to it when he lived with me before, but I guess his excitement got the better of him.

Brook had an interesting adventure today, too. She decided when Holiday took her ball (out about 30 feet) that it would be brilliant to swim out another 100 feet or so and try to bring back a crab trap. She swam in circles with that buoy in her mouth for twenty minutes, and just when I was about to jump into the cold water, swim out there, and cut the line and let her keep her prize (what kind of moron sets up a crab trap at a dog beach?), she gave up and came in. She swam back to it repeatedly, but she didn't stay out there, thankfully. She certainly got her work out today!

We finished the day with a trip to Petsmart to throw them on the scale at Banfield (I hate Banfield, but I do use their scale, since it's not inside the clinic! lol). Brooklyn was 77! WOOHOO! I'm also officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and I have to use a belt on my skinny jeans from before. (I weigh myself there too).

Good day, over all! I'll have to take some shots of the invalids. They'll live without leashed walks or yard romps for a few days. We'll still swim (at the different, non rocky) beach.

·
Registered
353 Posts
LOL sounds like a great day for all! I've been working hard on losing some weight too..sounds like Mom has been doing good! Is it diet or exercise or portion control or all the above??

That crab pot ordeal woulda had me nervous with the dog out there working so hard for so long.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just getting back to running the dogs has slimmed me. I've never had a weight problem, though, and have always been thin naturally. I also lost a lot of weight in the first trimester, as I couldn't eat without throwing up! I hate to admit it, but I eat whatever I want... Pizza Hut right now.... lol

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
We had the same problem after a great romp in the coastal mud flats. The good thing was that the cuts were all super clean, like they'd been done with a razor, so they healed up really fast.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same with these cuts, Brian. I never even thought about it, but that's a good thing, for sure.

Too tired to resize, and I will post more tomorrow. But here's some pics of them just a bit ago :) I'm sitting in bed myself, with them. Sleep time!

Attachments

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have any kind of booties, as it doesn't snow here and this isn't a common incident. But, I've been thinking of getting some for when it's really hot out (ie, most of the time) as I always carry my dogs over any blacktop all spring and summer. It is so hot that it would fry their feet, and where I live is all city so avoiding it is hard.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Poor pups. I know that feeling with the oyster cuts. I remember Tim getting tore and his leg sliced open by a oyster when he was tipped out of a canoe. Hope they all feel better in a couple of days.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Priska had concret burns,the 1st summer,we arrived,in Florida,as I didn't know better!.She learnt very fast to walk,on grass!.
Actually,airing pads is better than covering them up!.
I would,just,disinfect them,after the walk!.
PS:why is one of yr dog shaved?.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts