Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rex's Mum
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be submitting Rex's AKC paperwork soon and it was brought to my attention that we cannot just put REX as his name, it has to be something unique? The breeder has no conditions on what we use but I am kind of lost as to where to go from here. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I don't even know where to start :confused: His name did come from the dinosaur the T-Rex, that's all I got :eek: lol

·
Premium Member
18,415 Posts
You can use the breeder's name as the beginning, or look at his sire and dam's registered names and work off those. Or use your name, or pick a theme from something you like.
You could play off the dinosaur idea.

·
Rex's Mum
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That gives me some things to think about....the theme idea is interesting too! :D

You can use the breeder's name as the beginning, or look at his sire and dam's registered names and work off those. Or use your name, or pick a theme from something you like.
You could play off the dinosaur idea.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,720 Posts
You can make his name anything you want. If you like Rex they make his official name.

My first golden was Sir Lucky GOLDWIN of Cold Springs. GOLDWIN means golden friend. His call name was Lucky.

Buddy my current Goldens name is GOLDWIN's Buddy Got Wiser which is a nodd to my previous golden and also a play on words. He is actually my most trained dog!

Reactions: bellystars

·
Rex's Mum
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks you guys! these suggestions have definitely got my wheels turning :D I never even thought about Jurassic Park :smooch:

I like the play on words idea too :yipee:

(kennel name) Jurassic Park

You can make his name anything you want. If you like Rex they make his official name.

My first golden was Sir Lucky GOLDWIN of Cold Springs. GOLDWIN means golden friend. His call name was Lucky.

Buddy my current Goldens name is GOLDWIN's Buddy Got Wiser which is a nodd to my previous golden and also a play on words. He is actually my most trained dog!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts