Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see a golden retriever came in second overall in the 20" division! How cool is that!!! Ok beat by a border collie but it beat all the others. GO GOLDENS!!!!!!

Here is the name of the second place dog:
Golden Retriever - MACH2 Fast-Trak's Laser Flash XF - Elizabeth Bronson

Congratulations to that team.

Ann

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That's great news!! Congradulations to that Golden team. Job well done!!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Very exciting! Cannot wait to see the videos! There was one posted on the AKC site yesterday, it was a black lab...

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
Did you guys see a golden retriever came in second overall in the 20" division! How cool is that!!! Ok beat by a border collie but it beat all the others. GO GOLDENS!!!!!!

Here is the name of the second place dog:
Golden Retriever - MACH2 Fast-Trak's Laser Flash XF - Elizabeth Bronson

Congratulations to that team.

Ann
I see Jane (Elizabeth) and Beamer out most weekends - she lives in southern NH. To say that they are an amazing and talented team is a HUGE understatement. Beamer is fast, fast, fast and accurate and reliable. It's a joy to watch them run. I cannot remember a trial in recent memory where they didn't double (or triple) Q - usually with two first placements. Beamer finished his MACH2 in the middle of the summer - My guess is that he has enough points for 5 or 6 more MACHs and is within a couple QQ's of MACH 3 in just a few months.

To top it off, Jane is such a fantastic person - one of the true assets to the sport - she is encouraging to newbies and spectators, she is so nice - always quick with a smile. You would never know that she has one of the top dogs in the country - there's no bravado, there's no attitude - she's out there working 2-3 classes every day at trails....she's just one of those truly kind and genuine people.

Erica

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very exciting! Cannot wait to see the videos! There was one posted on the AKC site yesterday, it was a black lab...
Oh I need to look for that link.

I am glad to hear Erica you know this team and they are nice. So many of the "better" teams act better than others. But then again this is a golden handler!

I really want to go to the golden specialty and watch the agility. I am sure I would be as surprised as I was about the labs. I know there are nice dogs out there, you just know what is in your back yard. A friend of mine bred a really nice dog just starting agility TONS of potential, she is related to Beamer. That is exciting too.

Ann

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
CORRECTION: Beamer is MACH3 with 11 (plus two I think - AKC results are only though 11/27) QQ's towards MACH4. He also has more than 4600 (plus whatever he earned last weekend in Manchester, NH)points towards MACH4 - so that's enough points for MACHs 4-10.
Erica

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CORRECTION: Beamer is MACH3 with 11 (plus two I think - AKC results are only though 11/27) QQ's towards MACH4. He also has more than 4600 (plus whatever he earned last weekend in Manchester, NH)points towards MACH4 - so that's enough points for MACHs 4-10.
Erica
I copied and pasted his name right off the AKC results list. So they had it wrong there I guess. Or perhaps he got another MACH since his entry conformation was sent? Heck I don't know.

Ann

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
I copied and pasted his name right off the AKC results list. So they had it wrong there I guess. Or perhaps he got another MACH since his entry conformation was sent? Heck I don't know.

Ann
His K9Data change history indicates that MACH3 happened at the end of August - seems like that's enough time to get their records straight :) He's 11 QQ into MACH4 and in New England we don't have trials every weekend - I think entries for the invitational closed in November....Beamer is in the top 5 (goldens) nationally so he would have been one of the invited dogs - I still don't think invitations would have gone out (and entries accepted) before the middle of October..BTW - I pulled his points and QQs directly from the AKC website (points look-up on his AKC #)

Erica

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Wow!! That's great! Jane sounds like a really nice person as well! :)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Jane's Beamer is a half brother of Helen Smith's Pounce who placed 3rd in the obedience invitational. They were both sired by Timer (OTCH Flashpaws Frozen In Time UDX OA AXJ RA OS)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts