Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a few weeks of firsts over here with Ajax, and swimming is no exception now that April has brought some cool but not freezing weather. As always, there's more pictures and story at tippykayak.com.

He followed Comet in at the lake and then was a little surprised when he couldn't touch bottom anymore.

Of course, once Comet came out of the lake with his stick, he was fair game for some chasing.

After their swim, we went for a walk around the lake and Ajax had a chance to dry off and smell every square inch of forest.

And of course, we didn't miss the opportunity to practice recall.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What great pictures and lovely dogs. I like the white blaze on Ajax, our last golden had a smaller white patch on his chest. It gives character. Your website is great too, thank you for sharing.

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Once again .......beautiful pics! And yes, I'm still envious of your surroundings.:p: A nice area for the boys to enjoy.

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Such great pictures! Comet and Ajax look so happy together in that last pic and I love the one right before of a wet Ajax--he looks like he is developing to be a beautiful boy!

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those are great pictures. How old is your youngest? Minnesota is still waiting for warm enough weather so Scout can have his first swim.
He's almost 20 weeks. Those puppy coats are no good at cold water, so it just barely got warm enough for him to try it out.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Super pictures...looks like they just had the best time together! :D Ajax is sure growing up already!! So CUTE!!:)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
wonderful shots Brian...Ajax is growing so fast!!!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
We just came back from a 4 day camping trip with the girls...started out with snow flurries/37 degrees, got 2 warm days in between, and left with sleet and 40 degrees....but the girls got their swims in, too!

Love the Ajax man....he's got the 'fire-in-his-eyes" like Gus and Comet, I love it!

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We just came back from a 4 day camping trip with the girls...started out with snow flurries/37 degrees, got 2 warm days in between, and left with sleet and 40 degrees....but the girls got their swims in, too!

Love the Ajax man....he's got the 'fire-in-his-eyes" like Gus and Comet, I love it!
He really does! I'm not sure if it's something we're doing or the big payoff from the careful research into breeding lines, but either way it's incredible to be a part of.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Glad you caught Ajax's first swim on camera. That is always a great moment in a pups life. It's funny how they try to do the crawl when the first start out and then figure out the less splashy doggie paddle. Great pictures.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts