Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Ajax: Slavering Hell Puppy

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  tippykayak 
#1 ·
For those of you who have been following the pictures of stories of Ajax since last week or even the beginning, I think I mentioned that when I got Ajax, my sister also came up to the breeder and picked out the mellowest people-pleaser of the litter to bring home to her family. She has young kids, and Ojo was definitely the best choice for that kind of situation.

Well, since her youngest was getting christened this weekend, we all got together and the puppies had two days of almost nonstop play together. The weather wasn't nice enough for a walk in the woods, but there was lots of playing in the yard and the subsequent rabid fighting dog pictures you get when you try to freeze the action.

If you're having any trouble telling them apart, Ojo's in the blue collar, and Ajax is in the maroon.

I promise, it was all in good fun, and I offer up this play bow as evidence. To their credit, the dogs played for a good hour like this and neither got carried away. At no point was there so much as a yelp or any other reason to do anything but let them enjoy themselves together.

Ajax also got confident enough with this stone wall to start doing some flying leaps during his chase games with Ojo. I can't wait to see if he keeps developing into a serious athlete. He looks pretty promising at this point.

He really is put together nicely, so his motion is a real pleasure to watch. We took Ajax with full awareness that his chest patch and white toes constitute significant faults in terms of his conformation to breed standard. However, his attitude and physical soundness were what truly mattered for the life we want to give to him. Incidentally, a good bath revealed that the chest blaze is almost a perfect π (pi) symbol. How’s that for a dog that made me think of circles and cycles from the very first moment he entered our lives?

As always, more pictures and more story at tippykayak.com.

See less See more
#5 ·
I had the best time gazing these photos, getting to know the puppies' faces and forms. That's quite a stonewall leap for a youngster! Ajax is beautiful, and I love his white.

#6 ·
Thanks for posting the pics and the link to follow Ajax's trip. Both of those boys are just beautiful! I also love reading your blog and watching Ajax grow up.

#7 ·
I Love to watch Puppy Play! I bet they both rested well after their wrestling match! I'll enjoy watching the tow of them grow into wonderful dogs...Ajex has a Fantastic Family to Grow into!! :) I'm glad you went to look at the puppies...:)

#10 ·
I love Ajax and I think the white spots make him extra special. If there had been one like that in my litter I probably would have picked him too. Such fun they had together. And he does look like a little athlete and very brave to jump off that big wall. LOL

#13 ·
Two gorgeous red puppy dawgs....what great color!

Too cool about the pi symbol on his chest....and the white toes reminded me of a favorite childhood story of the Godolphin Arabian - Sham - in Margeurite Henry's book...."King of the Wind"

"Upon his foot was a small white spot, the symbol of speed..."

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-9781416927860-1

#22 ·
#14 ·
i love how vicious they can look during play - what cuties!

#16 ·
Hi There, I'm getting my puppy soon and never considered it until I seen this post but, do people recommend getting 2 pups from the same litter? I heard that it is just as much work as having one pup but it sounds exhausting - but look at the fun these two are having.

We have a 12 year old and a 15 year old so 1 pup will get plenty of attention. Again, I never thought of getting two pups until seeing these pics. Any thought?

#19 ·
Hi There, I'm getting my puppy soon and never considered it until I seen this post but, do people recommend getting 2 pups from the same litter? I heard that it is just as much work as having one pup but it sounds exhausting - but look at the fun these two are having.

We have a 12 year old and a 15 year old so 1 pup will get plenty of attention. Again, I never thought of getting two pups until seeing these pics. Any thought?
I've always heard that if you get 2 pups from the same litter they tend to bond with each other more than with the owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.