Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom borrowed my good camera for a trip, so I've been working with my "old" (three years) point-and-shoot for the last few weeks. I haven't been all that happy with the pictures recently, but I was so terribly proud of this one I got of Jax today that I just had to post it. It's my new favorite shot of him.

There've been quite a few Jax threads already if you want to see more pics:
Swimming season is here
Ajax's first swim
Ajax attempts another swim
Ajax: Slavering hell puppy

If you want to follow our whole story, try www.tippykayak.com.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I agree - it is an excellent shot! I love the small punch of colour with the flowers in the bottom left...also how the light hits his face...just beautiful!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Love the intense look on his face! great picture!

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
It's evident why this is your favorite photo of Ajax...thus far. Amazing shot of your handsome boy!!

~Jackie

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Your two of some of my favorites around here. I am so glad that his white patch it sticking around - it's one of my favorite "secret" features on a golden. I dream of having a white spotted one someday. :)

He is so handsome!

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Great photo, Brian! Ajax looks noble with that serious look on his pupper face, and also like he is a wild child who live in nature.

How is your sister's pup Ojo doing?

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Beautiful picture (as always!). I love his pi chest.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
You caught a quintessential expression on your pup....I love it!
And he was sitting still?!?!? lol

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
This is a great picture of Ajax, I can see why you love it. Such a handsome little guy and reminds me of my girl Katie that I had years ago.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great photo, Brian! Ajax looks noble with that serious look on his pupper face, and also like he is a wild child who live in nature.

How is your sister's pup Ojo doing?
Ha! He is kind of a wild child, but we've been getting him enough exercise (Comet gets a big shout out for doing his part on that one), so he currently has good outlets for that extra puppy mischief, like wading chest-deep in lakeside muck and chewing on the rotting leaves.

Ojo's doing well. He lives on the edge of a protected wetlands area, so he gets to chase rabbits (though they're working to break that habit) and play with lots of kids and dogs in his neighborhood.

·
Administrator
16,477 Posts
Wow, even though it is a point and shoot camera the picture turned out well..... How stunning Jax looks.

My mom borrowed my good camera for a trip, so I've been working with my "old" (three years) point-and-shoot for the last few weeks. I haven't been all that happy with the pictures recently, but I was so terribly proud of this one I got of Jax today that I just had to post it. It's my new favorite shot of him.

There've been quite a few Jax threads already if you want to see more pics:
Swimming season is here
Ajax's first swim
Ajax attempts another swim
Ajax: Slavering hell puppy

If you want to follow our whole story, try www.tippykayak.com.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, even though it is a point and shoot camera the picture turned out well..... How stunning Jax looks.
Thanks. I get down on it because it's not as flexible or good with lighting as my DSLR is, but it's quite a nice tiny thing with a Zeiss lens, so it does take nice pictures.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You caught a quintessential expression on your pup....I love it!
And he was sitting still?!?!? lol
Ha! I saw the flowers and the dappled sunlight and used it as a chance to practice his "stay" while I tried for a good picture. He's looking to the left because Comet and Andy are catching up to us. He kept his stay, though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts