Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be complete honest I got my husky only four months ago,and don’t know much about his past owners.I had been create training him and he seemed to in joy it.He gets in the create by himself.Sometimes it’s difficult to get him out his create.He like’s to spend most of his time in there when we are inside.He is two years old .Every time I seem to close his create he gets mad.To be more specific he grows and charges at me.I’m scared because I know that he can bite me and I don’t know what to do about it.I realized the reason why he gets mad is because when I close it the create makes a sound and I guess it makes him feel in a uncomfortable situation.(It’s a black wires create).Today he was inside the create and I was trying to get him out of it by luring him with some bacon dog treats .When I showed him the bag he bit it hard like in a aggressive way not in a way like “oh I want this” but like a “get that away from me” way.what can I do to stop this immediately?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I agree you need a professional trainer to work with you and the dog. The way you describe it, he may not be aggressive. Has he bitten anyone? When he 'charges' you does he make threatening sounds like barking and/or growling? Does he show his teeth when upset? Locking him in his crate will protect you and others if he is aggressive. But, it will do nothing to help him learn to be a part of the family. Big dogs need lots of exercise, especially huskies, they are bred to pull sleds for mile and miles....lock him up and you will drive him crazy...

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
There are veterinary behaviorist who are well trained to assess and help with problems. You can search here for one near you
It could be he is scared and feels safer in his crate and then feels threatened when you come near his crate. A behaviorist would be able to read his body language. I hope you can get him some help. it is no fun to be afraid of your dog.

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Registered
820 Posts
Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!!! Huskies are actually one of my dream dogs and let me tell you something, they require A LOT of exercise!!!! If your husky does not get enough exercise and is stuck in its crate, it will act up! I have seen so many cases where people were not giving the dog the exercise they need. Dogs are not like humans, we can sit back and watch TV for hours and not need to get up. However, dogs ESPECIALLY huskies require constant stimulation, exercise, and play. Please make sure your dog is getting enough exercise, I have seen so many huskies ending up in shelters and it breaks my heart to see that owners were about to put them down because they didn't know how much work needed to be put into them and thought there was something wrong with them. Huskies are sled dogs, used to being in the extreme cold having to pull huge sleds. They need to be able to get enough exercise or they will go crazy!!!! Please put in the exercise your dog needs or let someone else who can do it. Because its in huskies nature to run and pull sleds, so that means that exercise is a need!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!!! Huskies are actually one of my dream dogs and let me tell you something, they require A LOT of exercise!!!! If your husky does not get enough exercise and is stuck in its crate, it will act up! I have seen so many cases where people were not giving the dog the exercise they need. Dogs are not like humans, we can sit back and watch TV for hours and not need to get up. However, dogs ESPECIALLY huskies require constant stimulation, exercise, and play. Please make sure your dog is getting enough exercise, I have seen so many huskies ending up in shelters and it breaks my heart to see that owners were about to put them down because they didn't know how much work needed to be put into them and thought there was something wrong with them. Huskies are sled dogs, used to being in the extreme cold having to pull huge sleds. They need to be able to get enough exercise or they will go crazy!!!! Please put in the exercise your dog needs or let someone else who can do it. Because its in huskies nature to run and pull sleds, so that means that exercise is a need!
thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree you need a professional trainer to work with you and the dog. The way you describe it, he may not be aggressive. Has he bitten anyone? When he 'charges' you does he make threatening sounds like barking and/or growling? Does he show his teeth when upset? Locking him in his crate will protect you and others if he is aggressive. But, it will do nothing to help him learn to be a part of the family. Big dogs need lots of exercise, especially huskies, they are bred to pull sleds for mile and miles....lock him up and you will drive him crazy...
Yes he has bitten someone.Sometimes he won’t growl when changing at someone.to be specific he kinda looks like a snake when he’s thinking of biting someone.I try not to lock him up only when where in training or when I have to go somewhere.He is only aggressive with his create but overall a sweet doggie I will say I have stoped being to lenient with him.Ever since the bite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.