Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to practice agility yesterday. The agility folk got the whole ring for Wed and Thursday. So we went after our obedience match to play agility.

Here is Quinn our "pocket rocket". She likes to bark. :D

Quinn NDT Practice 12-29-11 w Ann - YouTube

Here is Gabby her first time trying an excellent course. I skip the weaves as she is not really doing straight weaves yet. I did them once running the novice course, she did great. Later I pulled out the channel weaves so she could weave some more. Trying not to put pressure on her on straight weaves.

Gabby NDT Practice 12-29-11 - YouTube

Here is a video of Gabby's last weave class. It is a bit long a probably boring but if you want to see some of Gabby weaving. She really likes to weave. She just has to figure out her stride as they close up more. She will get there.

Gabby 12-13-11 Weave 1 - YouTube

It is a blast to run Quinn. Hubby had foot surgery (doing great) but I am running Quinn until he is better. I was so pleased with Gabby. She ran much better than I anticipated. She tends to take over and do what she thinks she wants once she thinks she knows where she is going. We had some discussions about that yesterday. She needs to learn to play WITH me. I am glad she will take obstacles in her path but I want her to make sure first she is supposed to. That is what we will improve on before we start trialing. Other than the weaves and that, I think she could run now. She will be a good successor to Belle!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Very nice - I loved watching Quinn, but I am on lunch at work so have the sound off LOL

Thanks for posting these :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It took me a whole summer to teach my Penny to use the teeter. She would not put a paw on it for what seemed like forever, she was so scared. So I went out and worked with her every day. I agree to go back to the foundations. Low board, wobble board, ladder, planks. I would click treat her for sniffing the teeter, then once she got that, wait for more, and when I got a paw, click treat, and so on. I think you may have to re-teach it. Teaching the dogs to jump up and bang the board down is awesome as well! It is great to show them they are in control of the teeter. It takes time and patience, but you can get your pup on it again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts