Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hear ever heard or ran in front of Darryl C Warren or Pamela Sturtz?

They are judging a couple trials coming in our area in Feb. I can do one of them, and I don't know these judges. I am getting very picky about my judges. I have run on so many really nice courses I am getting spoiled. So if you have any information I would appreciate it.

I am trying to plan my next few months. With the puppy coming we have to be organized.

Ann

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
Has anyone hear ever heard or ran in front of Darryl C Warren or Pamela Sturtz?

They are judging a couple trials coming in our area in Feb. I can do one of them, and I don't know these judges. I am getting very picky about my judges. I have run on so many really nice courses I am getting spoiled. So if you have any information I would appreciate it.

I am trying to plan my next few months. With the puppy coming we have to be organized.

Ann
I've shown to Pamela - don't remember her courses - which means they weren't really tight, trappy or disjointed - THOSE are the judges I remember. Darryl is a new judge - haven't shown to him - but since he's only been approved 6 months his courses are probably still heavily reviewed by a rep. So it'd depend on who his rep is...
Erica

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've shown to Pamela - don't remember her courses - which means they weren't really tight, trappy or disjointed - THOSE are the judges I remember. Darryl is a new judge - haven't shown to him - but since he's only been approved 6 months his courses are probably still heavily reviewed by a rep. So it'd depend on who his rep is...
Erica
That is good to know too! We had a new judge at a trial in Aug, she was fine. A "bit" slow, but she did a good job. On Halloween they had a new judge at a trial, I didn't go because I did not like the excellent judge. This new judge was S-L-O-W and the rep kept interrupting her judging! Now these were real newbies, and the reps were there, and they were not doing excellent yet, but it does help to know anyway.

Thanks for the non report on Pamela, that does help too.

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
And there's one rep that is AWFUL about that kind of crap - totally micro-manages his judges. I've seen him re-wheel courses 2-3 times until he got a yardage he liked (vs what the judge wheeled) and in the end he was 2 yards less than the provisional judge over the whole course - which amounts to less than a second of SCT - and it took him 30 minutes! LONG day at the dog show - for sure.
E

1 - 4 of 4 Posts