Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had another good agility weekend (for Barley at least)!

Went a few hours north for another trial and Barley picked up two more double-q's!!! Woo hoo! That is numbers 13 and 14... He also picked up 70 MACH points!!! Yay! He had some very nice runs, and one GREAT save where he was sooo close to taking an off-course jump.

Mira did pretty well and had some very nice parts. She popped the weaves on both jumpers runs... So we will be working on that this week. She is getting very very close! Her weave entries were very nice!

We only got one of Mira's runs on video, Nothing from Barley. I will try and post it soon.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
sounds awesome, I know those double Q's are really hard to get....how many more points does he need for the MACH?
That sure sounds like a lot of double Q's!!! I'm impressed!!!!
Great job!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Yeah Barley and Jessica!!!!! I am so happy for you.

How many MACH points do you have total? I am glad to see you got 70 more. I want you at Nationals!!!! Purely selfish reasons :p:

Can't wait for the video.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Woo-hooo! Great job.

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
Awesome! Congratulations!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all!

In order to get a MACH you need 20 Double-Q's and 750 points.

Right now Barley has 14 Double-Qs and 488 points... So we need 6 more Double-Qs and 262 points. I am starting to get excited!

As far as the National goes, you need 6 Double Q-s and 400 points (in the current calendar year). So far this year Barley has accumulated 9 Double-Qs and 342 points. So all we need is 58 points.... It is doable, but still not for sure. Getting 70 in one weekend is something we have never come close to before, so its not the standard... Whether we do it or not, I am still excited to try! I am so proud of my boy!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. I'm trying to figure out this agility stuff!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get what you need for national! You've been on such a hot streak, I know you can make it!

Thank you all!

In order to get a MACH you need 20 Double-Q's and 750 points.

Right now Barley has 14 Double-Qs and 488 points... So we need 6 more Double-Qs and 262 points. I am starting to get excited!

As far as the National goes, you need 6 Double Q-s and 400 points (in the current calendar year). So far this year Barley has accumulated 9 Double-Qs and 342 points. So all we need is 58 points.... It is doable, but still not for sure. Getting 70 in one weekend is something we have never come close to before, so its not the standard... Whether we do it or not, I am still excited to try! I am so proud of my boy!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Wow, Barley has been doing awesome!!! Congrats! :D

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Congrats!! And I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Barley's MACH and qualifying for Nationals! :)

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
Congrats to both of you! And good luck with Mira's weaving issues! =]

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone! It is so great to have people to share this with. I am going to keep posting our progress, hopefully we will be there soon! :D We have a few weeks off, our next trial is going to be Oct 24/25.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congratulations! I was just at a show this weekend. Garden State GRC Specialty Show. It was amazing to watch all the talented Goldens! Everyone was soooo nice! I wish Barley and Mira were there! Keep us posted!!!! BTW we decided to get two Goldens!!! :)

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Way to go Barley!!! So close, it will be so awesome to see the video from the National!

Mira will get it she just wanted to make sure big brother got all the accolades this weekend. What a sweet thing to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts