Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from our last agility trial for at least several months. Last week was my last class too. I just can't physically handle class at this point (I was fine with the trial though, but there's not another one until May).

Piper had a fantastic trial, passing 5 out of 6 runs! She had no open legs going into the weekend and came out with her OAP and 2 OJP legs. She is never going to be spectacular, but she will be consistantly good. I think I prefer that to my other dog that is sporadically spectacular, but not in the slightest consistant.

Ruby had 3 really nice runs out of 6-one per day, but had one bobble in each of the runs causing her to fail (she's in Ex. B Std. and Ex. A Jumpers). Two of the nice runs were in jumpers. She dropped one bar on Friday and took a wrong course tunnel on Saturday. I was bummed as I had hoped to get that last AXJ leg this year. Oh well. She had a really beautiful run today in Standard, but got called for a refusal. She had headed for the chute instead of the tunnel. I got her called off before she got in the chute but no dice. The call could have gone either way, but at least the judge was consistant as I saw her call another dog for the same thing. I was really happy with Ruby's contacts and weaves this weekend. She didn't miss a contact and was super about hitting the opening of her weaves (both have been issues in the past).

I hope the girls remember their agility as there will be little time to practice before the May trial (if I decide to enter). I won't have gone back to class yet either, so I guess we'll just go and have fun if I feel up to it. For now, we're going to concentrate on some lower impact sports!

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Wow - Piper did great :) Congratulations!

Those Exc Q's can be tough, but hitting her weaves and contacts is big!

Congratulations all around.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
congratulations on a great weekend!!!

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Congrats on your legs!!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Congratulations!!! I agree, those excellent Qs can be hard to come by, I think I heard recently that the national average q rate in Exc B is 25%!! So you need to keep your focus on the good parts!

WOO HOOO for Piper! She is still very young too, she may be on her way to spectacular!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts