Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I think this is the place to post this type of thread... If not please correct me!

Abbi and I just went on a walk and she really seems to enjoy it! :D I am loving the time I spend with her more and more everyday! If only I could quit my job and just stay home with her all day! ;)

For a majority of the walk she is very well mannered. She always stays back and to the side of me, but sometimes switches sides on me before I know it lol. She likes to stop and sniff around every now and again also. She does not seem to like walking where there are a lot of car noises. At one point I was pulling her leash decently hard to get her to move. In order to keep from hurting her, I then carried her into a side alley and loved on her a minute to calm her down. After we got away from the busy street she walked normal again, tail wagging!

She was very tired once we got home! She would barely sit up to let me take the pictures below lol! :D Southern Illinois weather was beautiful today by the way! ;) Couldn't have asked for better walking weather!

O well just wanted to post on here and tell a little about our day together! Hope all is well with everyone else :) Everyone have a wonderful evening!

Attachments

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She is adorable and looks like a tired puppy.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
What a cute pup. Enjoy every second of her puppyhood and be sure to take lots of pictures. Lots of puppy pictures get posted here but they are more than welcome on the pictures thread also. They sometimes go unnoticed here. Keep the pictures coming.

·
Life is Golden !
499 Posts
She looks like she is ready for a nap! :) You posted in the correct place...thanks for sharing! She is a doll!

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Awww... What a sweet little girl. Abbi is so cute!

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,681 Posts
Oh I love that last picture :) Abbi is beautiful.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Awww, she's so cute. How old is she?

I remember when I first walked Penny at about the same age. She'd get tired and lay down. Couldn't get her to move so I'd carry her home.

Little did I know I was 'teaching' her that whenever she got tired (or bored) with walking all she had to do to 'cue' me was sit down and I would pick her up. I didn't work so well once she got to 40-50 pounds.:doh:

Not criticizing you at all. It's cute. And if I could go back to my little ball of fluff, I'd carry her all the time, giving new meaning to 'take the dog for a walk'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awww, she's so cute. How old is she?

I remember when I first walked Penny at about the same age. She'd get tired and lay down. Couldn't get her to move so I'd carry her home.

Little did I know I was 'teaching' her that whenever she got tired (or bored) with walking all she had to do to 'cue' me was sit down and I would pick her up. I didn't work so well once she got to 40-50 pounds.:doh:

Not criticizing you at all. It's cute. And if I could go back to my little ball of fluff, I'd carry her all the time, giving new meaning to 'take the dog for a walk'.
I completely understand that! lol that is why I only carried her away form the street and not home. If she lies down or acts tired I drag her all the way home... gently ;) It might take awhile, but we get there lol! She then plays when we get home... which proves a point! She wasn't tired... Just tired of going for a walk :D She is figuring out more and more each day that Daddy is boss ;)

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
She is a doll. I remember when Duke was that little. He was so cute going on walks. I want another puppy!! *gasp* did I type that out loud?

BTW, welcome!

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Awww... you really tuckered her out. She's so adorable.

I want to start walking Winchester, I just want to make sure I'm not trying to make him walk too far. I would hate to haul him around, even though he's so darn cute! How far do you walk Abbi?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I walk her about 2 blocks. She doesn't like going much further even still almost a month later. It is not out of fatigue. She just doesn't seem to like just walking. She would rather wonder around and just sniff the grass of EVERY yard we pass. She goes so slow because of this and I hate pulling her away, so we don't go far. Also, she follows me. She seems to not want to go somewhere without me. She has to keep me in her sights when we are out. I almost thought about skipping the leash but I wouldn't test that in town. I don't want to take any chances. Not sure but o well! I will see what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can totally identify with this! I have been taking Sandy on walks almost every day, and I have made sure that by the time we come home, she is completely tired out! She has usually wasted no time in going to her water dish, then either straight into the crate to sleep or just plopping straight down on the floor. My mother and I actually got to watch almost all of one of our favorite TV programs tonight, without having to get up and chase her. Carol: When I first came on the site talking about my puppy's biting, I believe you were the one who told me to make sure she was tired, because a tired puppy is a good puppy! I have to say that I've been taking this advice and I can tell a difference! Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts