Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I Have a 6 year old Goldie, Duke. A few weeks ago i noticed that Dukies hair Started to fall out on the bridge of his nose. Since then his skins turned black and there's hardly any hair. Duke loves to bury his toys and bones. and He uses his snout the cover the hole with sand. Could the hair loss be from him Burying to much and the darken skin from the sun? I'm Just worried that it might be something else. Advice would be much appreciated. See picture of Dukes Nose Below

·
where the tails wag
13,347 Posts
Hi - the pics did not come through, but from the description I would suggest a complete thyroid panel be run at your vets. Many goldens that test low normal also need supplementation.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I second a vet visit.
My only experience with hair loss is with my lab. He started losing hair on the bridge of his nose and around his eyes. The skin was a bit scaly. In his case it is a firm of lupus. Easily treated with fish oil and vitamin E

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Sugarbean

SUGARBEAN: Pic did not come through.
You can email to me and I'll post it
[email protected]
Best thing to do would be to take DUke to the vet, to rule out anything serious!

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Our Jack, mix GRetriever, BColie and Lab had Lupus. He lost his hair around the eyes and on top of his nose. It grew back white making him look like Zoro.

While we started him with fish oil and vit E as he got older it got worse and we had him on Prednisone

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts