Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm going to be having all my carpets cleaned in the next few weeks. There are a few puppy stains here and there I wasn't successful at getting out by hand.

What do you think is the best and most thorough method of commercial carpet cleaning? I see ads for various methods such as steam cleaning, chem-dry, etc.

I want the rugs CLEAN, really clean. What you do you all think does the best job?

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I've always thought Chem-Dry did a great job. Several years ago on our second floor landing I noticed a urine smell (never saw a stain) when the weather turned warm. I called Chem-Dry to come out and clean the second floor carpets with special attention to the landing. I was told that the special pet cleaning solution would have to remain on the carpet for several days and then the service man would return to extract it. I didn't want that since the landing was used daily. We opted for the"double" cleaning of the area. The odor was eliminated cmpletely.

·
Logan & Lacey in R hearts
1,814 Posts
Living here in the Bay Area as well, I have used Coit the last 2 times I have cleaned the carpets and have been happy with them. I went for the cleaning, the sanitizing and the protection finish (can't remember what it is now called) as the last step. I know there is the new one around the area called ZeroRez that is supposed to use "specially" treated water and no chemicals. I have read mixed reviews. But by the time I added up all their "special" things on their pricing, it was way more than Coit. We had one of my cats who didn't like the neigbor cat walking outside our living room wall so she was spraying inside (go figure). I particularly pointed out these areas to them so they knew to pay special attention. I do know, once the stains are in, some of them do not come out, but they will be clean. Also, the dirtier the carpet, the wetter it will be when they leave (they did tell me this), so I just put some portable fans in the room to help circulate the air with the windows open. Thankfully it was a warm day. Good luck!

·
Abby and Chewie's Mom
130 Posts
After having a steam cleaner clean our rugs a few times, we bought a carpet steamer. With a 3 year old, beige carpets and our (recently departed) Golden, we decided to make the investment. It's not quite as powerful as the commercial ones, but it does get stains out if you use it before the stain really sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts