Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to this site i have and still am browsing the forum and have found out alot of helpful information. My husband and I live on long island and lost our beloved Mac a year ago. We are looking for a new puppy and would appreciate any information/suggestions for good breeders in the long island/ny/ nj/ct/pa area that would be having litters in the next couple of months. We have found and contacted a couple of breeders that have been mentioned on this site. Harborview, wochica, and inlet golden retrievers. thanks

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,828 Posts
Welcome!

I moved your thread into the Choosing a GR Breeder and puppy so you would get more views and replies.

There are several members who have Harborview pups/dogs. If you do a search for Harborview using the Forum Search Feature, threads will come up you can read through.

You may want to check with your local GR Club for a Breeder/puppy referral.

NEW YORK
Autumn Valley Golden Retriever Club of the Southern Tier – Vestal NY13850
GRC of Central New York – Syracuse NY 13201
GRC of Western New York – Batavia NY 14020
Hudson Valley GRC – Brewster, NY 10509
Long Island Golden Retriever Club – Central Islip NY 11722
Northeastern New York Golden Retriever Club – Albany NY 12210

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

I moved your thread into the Choosing a GR Breeder and puppy so you would get more views and replies.

There are several members who have Harborview pups/dogs. If you do a search for Harborview using the Forum Search Feature, threads will come up you can read through.

You may want to check with your local GR Club for a Breeder/puppy referral.

NEW YORK
Autumn Valley Golden Retriever Club of the Southern Tier – Vestal NY13850
GRC of Central New York – Syracuse NY 13201
GRC of Western New York – Batavia NY 14020
Hudson Valley GRC – Brewster, NY 10509
Long Island Golden Retriever Club – Central Islip NY 11722
Northeastern New York Golden Retriever Club – Albany NY 12210

Good luck with your search.
thank you
we attended a long island golden retriever club show yesterday and were able to speak with a few breeders.
i will do the search in this site as you suggested thanks for your help.

·
Registered
434 Posts
There are some very knowledgeable breeders and Golden owners who will offer up information that will help you find a breeder that is ethical and maintains the breed standard. It is soooo important to make sure your breeder has "OFA" clearances. If you don't know what that is, you will find that answer here too(search plus google). Unfortunately, if you follow this path for your Golden you most likely will have to wait at least a year. It will be well worth it in the long run. With the health issues Goldens experience, you need to invest in having the best chance for your dog to have.... "a long run". Best of luck. You're in the right place to start your journey.

dlm ny country.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are some very knowledgeable breeders and Golden owners who will offer up information that will help you find a breeder that is ethical and maintains the breed standard. It is soooo important to make sure your breeder has "OFA" clearances. If you don't know what that is, you will find that answer here too(search plus google). Unfortunately, if you follow this path for your Golden you most likely will have to wait at least a year. It will be well worth it in the long run. With the health issues Goldens experience, you need to invest in having the best chance for your dog to have.... "a long run". Best of luck. You're in the right place to start your journey.

dlm ny country.
thank you this is helpful. We have had four goldens over the past 40 years and we have lost them at ages 10-14yrs old. Mac our most recent golden was 10 and succumbed to renal failure despite all our efforts. I am very happy to have found this site to help us know what to be looking for in a breeder and breed standards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts