Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Question for my pup, Henry. He is almost 4 years old and always had digestive issues. He suffers from a lot of allergies and has always had stomach issues. He's the rant of the litter, and I think that's where the issues come from (but maybe not!)

I was wondering if you could point us to good quality, pre-and probiotics and digestive enzymes? We've been using NaturVet from Amazon for a while now and I think it's been helping (there was a stomach flu going around at the dog run near us and he never caught it) but I am looking for something a little more powerful / impactful. I tried Purina Forti Flora from the vet and saw no difference.

We feed him a high quality diet of Honest Kitchen Kindly Base, with ground turkey (cooked) and a tiny bit of the Kirkland Nature's Domain turkey and pea stew for some added flavour. We add fish oil and sometimes coconut oil as well and will be looking to start supplementing with glucosamine as preventative. We are not too willing to feed raw at the moment because it's tricky to find in NYC and last time we tried, he got worms within 2 days :)

Any advice would be amazing! And, FYI, we tried Nutri-Pet Nupro but he had terrible allergies which stopped the minute we removed it from his diet.

Thank you so much!
Deborah & Henry

·
Registered
553 Posts
Being small in the litter isn't the cause and dogs don't get worms from raw.

But, to answer your question about probiotics, I am LOVING Answers brand Fermented Raw Goat's Milk.

·
Kristy
9,486 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Another good probiotic is Proviable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I will look into that. Well, the worms might be unrelated but still not wanting to do raw, it grosses me out a little bit.

Any other probiotic recos?

Thank you!

·
Ingrid, Now Mom to Brisby
1,111 Posts
I feed raw and use organic kefir ( 2 tbsp) from the grocery store with Brisby's dinner daily.

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts