Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been feeding my pup Fromm since we brought her home. I really like Fromm, but since we switched her from the large breed puppy to the large breed adult, she has been having very loose stool. So I want to start trying some other foods to see if she would do better on those. I went to my local pet store and talked to someone there who seemed very knowledgeable. I also looked at pricing and ingredient lists. The two options that seemed possible to me were Chicken Soup and NutriSource. I need something in or under the Fromm price range because our budget is tight, but I also want to feed something I can feel good about. Does anyone have experience with either Chicken Soup or NutriSource?

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
My Crested breeder feeds Nutrisource and really likes it a lot. I fed it for awhile too and had good luck with it. It's easier for me to find Canidae though, and the Canidae kibble size is good for the Goldens as well as the Crested and the Pug.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I feed the Fromm 4 star line which is an all stage food. If you can find it, I'd give it a try. Fromm is an excellent company.

·
Debbie
644 Posts
I switched Riley from Wellness to Chicken Soup to try to save money. She began having loose poops that never firmed up even after switching back to Wellness. She is now on Acana. She had firm poops after the first feeding. The cost is between Wellness and Chicken Soup.

·
Oldie Goldie
79 Posts
I would switch to the 4-star line, if you order from www.Lukesallnatural.com, ask them for the Frequent Buyers card in the comments, they will send you one. Buy 12 get 1 free sponsored by Fromm. You can turn the card in to any store for your free bag or send it back to them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, I can't afford the Fromm 4 star line. Our budget is really tight right now. I am a student and don't currently have a job. So, as much as I love and trust the Fromm company, I don't think that's an option for now outside of the Gold line. I should get a job next fall, then we may consider switching back to Fromm, depending on how things are going. I really want to feed Maya something healthy, but my husband and I need to eat too! ;) If we can find something that works for her at a lower price, that will make life much easier, although we will do what we need to do to take good care of her. When I went to the store I got some samples of Nutrisource and Chicken Soup. I am trying her on the Nutrisource now. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough samples to transition her slowly, so I feel like an idiot. I should have just bought a bag. So her poops have not been great, but I don't know if that is just the switch. I did get a bag of the Nutrisource, so we'll see how she does. How long does it usually take for their stomachs to adjust to the new food if you don't do a good job transitioning them slowly? I'm just curious when I should be able to tell how she is doing on it. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts