Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
This guy was posted on the Lab Board - apparently he's been at the shelter a month and could be put down on Tuesday.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15304143

Howard 'Guardian A
Golden Retriever [Mix]

Large
Adult
Male
Dog
Pet ID: Kennel 12

More About Howard 'Guardian A

Say hello to Howard, a citizen found him running loose near his house and put him in the backyard so we could pick him up. Howard is an older dog but is real friendly. Howard has had DA2PP & Bordatella on 12/10/2009. If not claimed by his owner Howard will be available for adoption on 12/16/2009.

My Contact Info

He's part of the "guardian angel" program, which means that at least part of his adoption fee has been donated so a family who couldn't otherwise afford it can adopt. How nice!

I e-mailed all four Golden rescues in Tennessee for him.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bump

Bumping for this older Golden.
Spartan mom: Did you get any replies?
Did you email all TN Rescues?

·
I'm Jane, owned by Midas
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two replies - Heartland is full and can't take any new dogs until after the first of the year, and Middle Tennessee looked at him and thought he was more Lab than Golden. No response from Memphis Area (don't know how close this is to them - may be out of their area) or TVGRR.

Those were the 4 listed for Tennessee on the GR rescue list. Do you know of others? Don't know how much more I can do at the moment, though - we are having Christmas, part 2 tomorrow.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Spartan mom

SPARTAN MOM

I emld. Martha of J&L in Alabama. Praying she might be able to help him-no reply though.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Middle Tn

I believe that Middle TN Golden Ret. Rescue saved this boy.
Have to email Carl Zagona at East Ridge to find out.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Update

CARL emld. me-a couple from Atlanta, GA, drove down to adopt Howard, the older Golden Retriever!!

I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!!:):):):):)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
A big thank to you the couple in GA for adopting this older guy. Howard, may you have a wonderful life in your golden years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts