Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,266 Posts
Hi Bonniethecollie and WELCOME to the GR Forum,

Here is a link to the Golden Retriever Club of America National Rescue Committee-the Golden Retriever Rescues are listed by Region and by state within the Region.

http://www.grca-nrc.org/localrescues.html

There are FIVE Golden Rescues in Ohio-please send this girl's info and picture to the one nearest the shelter first, then the others. If you would like to become a Volunteer or a foster home for any of these groups listed, visit their website to see what opportunities are available. Most GR Rescues are always in need of foster homes-an application should be available on the website or a phone number to call.

·
Missing Tasha, Sky, & Ral
3,380 Posts
I emailed all the Ohio rescues listed in Carolina Moms link and offered to make a donation for her care if one of the rescues would take her. Pray that one of these rescues will have room for this poor girl.

·
3,380 Posts
I got a response from GRRR and they are trying to get this poor girl but have not been able to make contact with the shelter. If anyone is familiar with this shelter could you help with making contact.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Jackson is about 45 minutes away from me, let me know what I can do, might need some help in pulling her...poor baby!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bonnie

Bonnie

Did you see her name is Bonnie Lou?
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15413202

Here is what their site says. Someone should call there right away
THEY PROBABLY ARE OPEN TODAY BY APPT.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH349.html
News
We've got a new Dog Warden, Roy Willliams and Assistant Dog Warden, Elza Fisher. Come out and have a look at the pets they have available--they love nothing more than to adopt a pet to a loving family. If you're looking for a specific type of dog, feel free to call and let them know. They'll be glad to help you! Who We Are
We are a county ran dog pound in Southeast Ohio, hoping to adopt out as many dogs and puppies as we possibly can! If you see a pet you're interested in, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Adopting a friend
All dogs 3 months and older are required to have a license, with a cost of $10.00, before they can leave the pound. Please give us a call, stop in or keep checking our site for that perfect pet!
Come Visit Us!
Hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.. There will be someone available in the office to handle adoptions on Monday and Tuesday 8 a.m. until 3 p.m., Friday 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. Other days or hours are by chance or appointment. Map to our shelter

Bonnie Lou

Golden Retriever
Large Senior Female Dog Pet ID: 122909a Click to see
full size

Printer friendly Email a friend Enlarge photo More About Bonnie LouBonnie Lou is a sweet older Golden Retriever. She's obviously been someone's pet for years and it is so sad that she has ended up at the pound. If you have room in your heart for this poor gentle soul her adoption is URGENT as she is in a kill shelter. Please spay and neuter your pets so offspring do not end up in a kill shelter like Bonnie Lou!! My Contact InfoJackson County Dog Pound
Jackson, OH
740-286-7262
See more pets from Jackson County Dog Pound
Share on Facebook

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had an offer from someone on the Craigslist pet board to help out, if she can wait until Saturday... will keep you all informed!

·
3,380 Posts
Thank you Bonniethecollie!! I will pm you the rescue information in case this person can help out. I think the problem is that the shelter has not called the rescue back and they have no one in the area to make contact with the shelter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
that'd be me who offered to drive down and back to Columbus, OH

I had an offer from someone on the Craigslist pet board to help out, if she can wait until Saturday... will keep you all informed!
No one has been able to reach anyone at the shelter.

PetFinder only shows 6 dogs today, including the Golden.

The warden and assistant warden may've been in to the shelter, done the feeding & kennels and gone out in the field answering calls for assistance.

Need to find someone local to Jackson, OH (the city) to get over there before 4 pm. Anyone with contacts?

BJ
aka Infobits on Craigslist

·
Registered
4 Posts
spoke with Jackson Sheriff dispatch

They will see if they can get hold of the dog warden and have him call me on my cell.

Cross your fingers they haven't already put her down.

·
3,380 Posts
Thank you bjm for trying to help this poor girl. I think the big problem is we have no one local to go to the shelter. I am 9 hrs away. Please let us know how you make out. Praying she is still there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Almost 5 pm and no word

The warden or assistant warden is still out on calls, out on vacation, or isn't calling back because it wouldn't be good news.

I checked my cell and I haven't missed a call.

We need to monitor PetFinder and if she is still there Saturday morning, contact me and we can work out transport somehow

ps I am not a morning person due to a sleep disorder and don't drive well in the dark due to cataracts. I can handle about 4 hours or so of driving for this dog.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
suggestion

Heidi360 said she is 45 mins. from the shelter.
Just a suggestion..

You should all private msg. or email each other with your cell phone or home numbers in case you need to reach one another for tomorrow or saturday.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
What a sweetie, I sure hope someone is able to get her out of there before it's too late. I wish I were closer to help get her!

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Heidi360 said she is 45 mins. from the shelter.
Just a suggestion..

You should all private msg. or email each other with your cell phone or home numbers in case you need to reach one another for tomorrow or saturday.
This no big ride for me to get her, just need to get someone to tell me to go get her, so far no luck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts