Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come one all you who love red heads and seniors- she's BOTH in one charming package!

I have a beautiful Golden foster who needs a home. She is about seven (was told ten, but I don't believe it, she was adopted as a young adult by former owner, age unknown), and except for being obese is in great health. Her former owner spoiled her to the point of cruelty, and never exercised her- so she is very fat. However, the weight will come off and already is starting to since I have been fostering her. She LOVES to swim, play ball, squeak her toys, get petted, and go for walks. She's the perfect house dog, too!!! She is spayed and current on everything. PM me, and her adoption fee is only $25 and she comes with supplies. She is trained and doesn't need a crate, and she doesn't get on furniture or anything. Good with kids and other dogs, and safe with cats. Here's pics! Ask me about Ivy!

Transport can be arranged.

Attachments

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Gorgeous

IVY shounds like the Perfect girlie Golden RET.!!!!!

Did you check with the GR Rescues in FL to see if they will take her?

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they will if I need them to, and I'm fostering for Heidi's Legacy now too if I need to.

I also have someone interested who is coming to meet her this afternoon!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jenna

Jenna

The person that coming to meet her this afternoon, how did they find out about her?

Can't wait to hear how Ivy's meeting goes!!!

Heidi's Legacy is a wonderful organization!

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted her all over. I screen VERY carefully anyone I find through postings, though. Once you filter through the losers, there are some really great people out there! This one is a stay at home mom with a 16 year old daughter. She's a vet tech, and knows the importance of taking the weight off of her. If her references and home check all check out, and they have a connection, Ivy may just go home tonight! They are looking for a sweet, calm, older dog to accompany them to the beach and on camping trips and so forth. Ivy would love that! Wish more people had the mind set of wanting a senior!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jenna

Jenna

THis lady sounds wonderful. Is there anyway you can check her references before she comes over?

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And then if they get along, I drive back to their house and check it out. Dog comes home with me if I don't like something. Contract too. Don't worry, I've done plenty of adoptions! ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well I am going to keep my fingers crossed for Ivy. She looks perfect! Anyone is going to be lucky to adopt her. I think we decided when we are ready (which will be awhile from now) we will go with a senior.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Good wishes for Miss Ivy. I hope she finds the perfect home.
she sure looks like a sweetherat.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ivy

Did the lady come to see Ivy?

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
God she looks like Carmella. If I wasn't dirt poor and hundreds of miles away, I would so consider her.

I am sure she will find a loving home sooner than you care for. ;) Good luck Ivy!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jenna

Jenna

What was it about her you didn't like?
You have to listen to your gut!

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ivy was adopted this morning by the wonderful family who was 2nd in line to meet with her!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is wonderful news. Hope they really have alot of great times and lots of years with her.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts