Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to GoldenRetrieverForum.com:

my name is Joe and my wife Vierka and I are starting this forum today (Saturday April 9, 2005) because for the past 4 years our life has been enriched with our Golden Retriever Kia, and we realized that there must be many more people like us, who love their dogs and look for sharing their experiences, asking questions or finding out more information about their Golden sweethearts.

Kia just had 4 beatifull puppies (born 3 weeks ago on March 20th),:D so yes :D , we currently have 5 Goldens. There is quite a good chance you'll be seeing many pictures of our herd on this forum. :p (They are just too adorable not to share it with you.)

Check our Online Golden Retriever Gallery:
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/gallery , and make sure you also upload picture (s) of your Golden Retriever.

Please feel welcome to join this new forum, so you can share your experiences with us and all of our members.

Feel at home :)

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Me too, thanks for digging this thread up :).

And Joe, thanks for making such a great forum...I love it here and its so nice to have somewhere to come and talk about our new golden!

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are amazing. I actually called my wife and read it to her. I recall the day when we wrote this first message, sitting with my wife in our old apartment, thinking, maybe we should really try to create such forum...
And look at it today. There are so many people coming here... so many interesting threads and topics to discuss. So much help provided by all of you guys.
Thanks to all of you.
Joe

·
Missing Angel Boomer
910 Posts
I, too, am so glad that this is here -- a place to share our stories, pictures, concerns and share advice. What a great idea!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great Forum

To Joe and all,
I want to add my positive feedback as well. I haven't posted in a long time. Mostly because my main computer was at my job ... but all along - almost every day -- I look at the forum to see what's going on. Although you may not have heard much from me, I have learned, laughed and at times cried along with all of you. This is an outstanding place to visit. Now that I finally have a computer at home (just got high-speed) I will be able to post more and enjoy the forum from home. Take care all! PS - Blondie says "arf, arf"
Robin::wavey:

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for all your words. And welcome to our new member :)
Forum really came a long way.
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, thanks guys... every now and then someone digs up this first post :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi Joe,

I came across this forum by happy coincidence when we welcomed our golden pup Cara into our family in September. I just wish we could have gone through those early paces with our late golden Jodie. Life would have been so much easier.

I have found forum members to be the nicest bunch of online friends one could hope for. Thanks so much to you and your wife for getting this all started!

Regards,
Helaine

·
Registered
164 Posts
It helps when they go to your friends!!!

Joe, I had never seen those puppy pictures-how did you EVER get the strength to let them go??? I know you did keep one, but, I swear I would want to keep everyone!!!
Vierka and Joe are lucky enough to keep in contact with 3 of the 4 puppies that Kia had. For starters, Lila is one of them, which I'm sure you're all aware of. I love that dog. She's the only dog I've ever met that actually cries from excitement when she sees me. She's so sweet.

Lucky for me, Vierka and my husband work in the same office. Both her and Joe have become dear friends of ours. Having one of their dogs certainly helps. I've attached a pretty recent picture of Daisy below. She looks just like Lila, only exception being her darker coat. Daisy, her sister and her mother have had numerous play dates.

The third puppy went to another one of Vierka's friends that also works with her. His name is Keno and he looks exactly like Lila. I haven't met Keno personally, but I have a feeling I know what he's like! ;)

The fourth dog is Donnie. I am not sure if either Vierka or Joe has seen him since he left as a puppy. From what I remember, he looks just like Daisy, with the dark coat.

So, unlike most breeders, Vierka and Joe are quite lucky in the sense that they are able to track most of their dogs and get almost daily updates on what they're up to and how their doing. Pretty good gig for them, I think.

I just wanted to share that. Hope it helps.

Bonni

P.S. If you go back to the original post from Joe and look at the puppy pictures, in the first one, the puppy on the far left is Daisy. She's the one with the black dot on her head. Her built in microchip, of sorts!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know...

This truly is an amazing place, I must say. I haven't been here long, I know, but recently, I was thinking, and I wondered if there were any golden retriever forums out there, so I googled it, and sure enough, there was! I was really excited to find out about this forum. Having a golden has fulfilled my life and made me a happier person...I can't even believe I ever got through life without one. :eek:

So just how did you get this forum started in the beginning? How did it come so far? Just curious...I always like to know these things. :)

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Thanks Joe for a great forum. I got my very first computer a couple of weeks after my 1st golden passed away in May 2005 and one of the first things that I did was to check out a GR rescue group in my area. I saw the ad for this forum on the rescue site and I joined right away. I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a chat forum for golden retriever owners!!

Reactions: Ljilly28
1 - 20 of 86 Posts