Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Obedience Friends! I am so excited to announce that the kennel club of which I am a member will be hosing Adele Yunck February 18 and 19.

Adele has earned 5 OTCH titles: three on Flat Coated Retrievers, one on an Australian Terrier, and one on a Border Terrier, as well as having earned numerous High in Trial and High Combined Awards and tournament placements. Adele has competed at the AKC National Obedience Invitational, placing in the Terrier group. She is an AKC Rally and Novice
Obedience Judge. Adele also competes with her dogs in conformation, rally, agility, as well as field venues.

Adele is the co-author of the book, Competition Obedience: A Balancing Act and the 1995 video Positively Fetching: Teaching the Obedience Retrieves Using Food. Her 2008 book, The Art of Proofing: Preparing Your Dog for Obedience Trials, is a useful addition to trainers and instructors training toolbox. Totally Fetching: Teaching and Proofing a Reliable
Retrieve is the DVD update of Positively Fetching.

Please join us for a positive, exciting, highly informative hands-on Seminar! You will learn the basics of training each exercise (Novice through Utility) as well as improve your skills as a trainer and handler.

Adele will discuss and demonstrate her training philosophy and techniques for developing and keeping a good attitude and accuracy in your canine partner. Adele’s approach is to use a balance of food, toys and fun when teaching and fair corrections as needed. Ample time will be available on the floor to try out the techniques. To learn more about Adele’s training techniques, please visit her website, Northfield Dog Training

For more information about this seminar or if you have any questions, please contact: Brittne Jensen at [email protected] or 309-532-4346

Where: TCKC
2507 Fox Creek Road
Bloomington, IL 61704
www.tckc.org

Cost: *Working Spot (TCKC members): $170
Working Spot (non members): $200
Auditing Spot: $80 both days ($40 for 1 day)
Fees include lunch both days and a light breakfast both days

*Working spots are limited to the 1st 20 dog and handler teams; Unlimited Audit Slots

If you are thinking about attending, please let me know. I am hoping to be there with Ace. I am happy to recommend good hotels and anything else in the area that might be helpful.

I hope to see some of you!
Emily

1 - 1 of 1 Posts