Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see so many beautiful pictures on everyone's threads from using Photobucket. I've gone into it but I am just not seeing some of the layout samples....are these actual samples or does everyone create their own??

Any help would be appreciated.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
If you already have a Photobucket account you will need to Login first. Then look for a grey bar (not sure if yours is the same) approx 1/3 of the way down from the top. It will have options such as 'album themes', 'slideshows', etc. Find the option that says "Scrapbooks" and click on it. This will bring you to Scrapblog and you can create your siggie on there. Look around to get familiar with it because there are so many things you can do to make your siggie. Good luck....can't wait to see yours.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
You can make a sig using scrapblog. It's so much easier than using photoshop. If you do, you will need to make the background color using these numbers. This will make the photos appear on the forum and the background will blend in.

R: 254
H: 60
G:255
S: 40
B:153
B:100

The # code is FEFF99. It's easier to use the numbers above though.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.......I will give it a try. There are so many neat ones on here!!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I made this using scrapblog but look how tiny it is!!! what did I do wrong? I can't seem to get it to resize to any degree. I am not that good with computers!

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
I made this using scrapblog but look how tiny it is!!! what did I do wrong? I can't seem to get it to resize to any degree. I am not that good with computers!
I can't see anything.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I did it! I have usually had NO LUCK in figuring out any of these picture things... others have always had to do it for me! I'm so proud of myself! hee hee hee...
Now, I'll admit, it's not fancy, but hey! I did IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoooooooooooooo

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I did it! I have usually had NO LUCK in figuring out any of these picture things... others have always had to do it for me! I'm so proud of myself! hee hee hee...
Now, I'll admit, it's not fancy, but hey! I did IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoooooooooooooo
Very Nice Martha! Very NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Looks beautiful! Now how did you get it to that nice size? Mine on scrapblog was the size of an avatar, and when I tried loading the "address" of it, I keep getting "invalid file" each time. I can load it as a jpeg, but that's about it. so I know I'm doing several things wrong.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
RapWizard, when you upload it don't use the sig code. Just upload it from photobucket or your host using the yellow post it in the edit signature reply box. If you want it centered, you can center it like you would text. The tool is on the toolbar.

Ambesi posted a great reply with images so you can see exactly what to do.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Kimm, when I used the URL it just showed up as the dreaded red x box. Bummer

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
So Once I create my photo in scrap blog, how do I export it as a jpeg file?
You have to be sure you publish your scrapblog as public or private. Once you Publish the SB you can go to file and then download it to your computer as a jpeg.

Once I download mine, I either resize it using Microsoft Picture Manager or I resize it when I upload it to photobucket.

Once I upload it to photobucket I open up my userCP.
I go to edit signature. Hang on, I have to open another window. I just point and click and know what buttons to push.:doh:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I uploaded mine to the "Gallery", right here on GRF, from there, it gives you the code. I think that way people who read at work, but have photobucket blocked, they can see it...??? I think?????

Oh, and I did do the names on photoshop and resized using photoshop... I didn't figure out how to do that on SB...

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I uploaded mine to the "Gallery", right here on GRF, from there, it gives you the code. I think that way people who read at work, but have photobucket blocked, they can see it...??? I think?????
I don't use the photogallery because you cannot remove your photos if you ever want to. You can replace them, but if you load a lot, it's time consuming to replace them all. I've never had anyone mention they can't see my sig, but that's okay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts