Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss the announcement that we'd be seeing links to ads as hyperlinks within the body of actual messages?

I find the links distracting and it feels kinda intrusive. Any way to disable that feature? I understand the purpose of ads and have no problem with them on the page we're viewing... but in text seems like too much.

Thanks for considering.

-Stephanie

·
Administrator
16,481 Posts
I know only the first post of every new thread, like yours above, and the first post only of subsequent pages have an ad right below the first post. This has been in place since this post from Joe http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=62999

Do you see ads in everyones message area for every thread?

The Admins and Mods see every ad as you do so that we may monitor ads and to see the ones that may not be appropriate as well. Paying board members are the only ones that see things ad free.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
When I was at my parents' house the other day I got on the forum using their computer and I also had hyperlinked words in every message that led to advertisements.

But when I got on my home computer it wasn't there. The only other difference between different computers was I didn't log in over there, I was viewing as a guest. But you must be logged in if you're posting so I don't know what causes it.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I absolutely hate it and was wondering about it myself. If I accidentally move my mouse over one, it opens a whole new window. It's very annoying!

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I don't see them. Either my computer blocks that, or it's because I a site supporter. Either way, it sure does sound annoying. It's only $15 a year or something to be a silver sponsor and search unlimited and see no advertisements. TOTALLY worth it!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Are you logged in? If I'm not logged in, I get hyperlinks within people's actual messages like in the image below. And yes, if you roll over one of the hyperlinked words, the ad pops up. If I log in, I don't see those hyperlinked ads.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts