Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi… my beautiful girl was diagnosed with acute leukemia last month after just a few days of being finicky with her food. Since then, she has now had 4 rounds of chemo & we have gone through a dizzying amount of new worrying symptoms, such as her newly diminished sight/ possible blindness, as well as some good days where she hardly seems ill at all.
I just want to know if anyone has had experience with this horrific disease in such a young dog (my baby is only 16 months) and if you have any insight for my family. We are absolutely devastated. After losing our first girl at 14 and our second at 11, we never imagined we would be going through something like this right now. We just don’t understand how this can happen to someone so young. Our oncologist seems very kind and knowledgeable and we are doing everything he recommends so we can to give her the best chance. It’s just so hard. Again, if anyone has anything to share it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator Leader
52,179 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your girl and what you're going through.

I don't have any experience with Leukemia, I lost my bridge girl to Lymphoma.

I hope the chemo treatments will help your girl.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I don't have any information but I am so sorry and shocked that you and your 16 month old are going through this. I hope the treatments will be successful and give you many more years with her

·
With Her 3 Goldens
202 Posts
I am so incredibly sorry. I lost my 8.5 yr old to acute myeloid leukemia. Obviously nowhere near as young as your dog; however, feel free to send me a direct/private message here on the forum and I am willing to share my experience or answer any questions you have.

·
Super Moderator
2,252 Posts
Sending kind thoughts your way, I'm so sorry and I hope the chemo helps kick the cancer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm so sorry to hear about your girl and what you're going through.

I don't have any experience with Leukemia, I lost my bridge girl to Lymphoma.

I hope the chemo treatments will help your girl.
I am so incredibly sorry. I lost my 8.5 yr old to acute myeloid leukemia. Obviously nowhere near as young as your dog; however, feel free to send me a direct/private message here on the forum and I am willing to share my experience or answer any questions you have.
thank you so much for sharing. I’m so sorry you had to go through this too <3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have any information but I am so sorry and shocked that you and your 16 month old are going through this. I hope the treatments will be successful and give you many more years with her
Thank you for your kind wishes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts