Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always heard to never name something your dog anything you don't want them to act like, and that has proven to be true with me.Conner's registered name is Mud E Paws, and he certainly lives up to that with the huge muddy paw prints he always leaves on me.My Lhasa's registered name is Colby Jack Teeter Smack, and one of his favorite things to do in agility is to run back and forth on the teeter, making it go "smack" over and overNow I have a puppy named Flip, and despite the fact that I have not even taught him where heel position is, much less how to do a finish, he has started doing these high flying flip finishes all on his own. At least that one is a positive thing.What's so strange is that I picked out my dog's names before I had them, so the names weren't based on their personalities or training. I wonder if I encourage them to do these things without realizing it.Do others have dogs that live up to their names when you didn't plan on it?

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
Ticket, my border collie, had a bad habit of going AWOL, mostly when I wasn't looking after him. Two fines for being put in jail... so yep, Ticket isn't a good one in that sense.

Storee has a hard time being quiet, she's generally making noise and telling stories....

Lana

·
Registered
976 Posts
Lily loves to eat lily pads and the white lily flowers on lily pads, so yes, she definitely acts like her name :p:

·
Registered
13,732 Posts
King was regal and very alpha with a definite air of authority when not playing (Munchie)

Rowdy was an exuberant, joyous and sometimes clownish participant in life, while being an awesome therapy dog and Reiki master (Quasar)

Casey can stress out enough to be referred to as my ADD dog (head case??) at other times he is a beam of light (Rishi) - he has the ability to hone on those who most need his healing attentions

Faelan is a gorgeous 'little wolf' , generous, loyal and a beautiful mover with drive and energy along with the ability to relax

Towhee spends a lot of time airborne .. being still is not something she's good at LOL and she is a small bundle of joy

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Noah is not building any boats to my knowledge, but he gets along with all the bugs in the garden, likes butterflies and other animals. He has a peaceful face. Loves water.

Scout likes to investigate and go on hikes, so it fits him.

·
Just make it happen
481 Posts
Hmmm, nope, not at all. In certain languages, Kai means ''uncertain'' which is the opposite of Kai since he is very direct on what he wants.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I never planned on calling Maddie Mad but in her crazy lunatic days she got stuck with the nick name Mad which she gets called almost exclusively. As for her registered name Natural High, it suits her pesonality and since nothing makes me happier than watching her have fun I guess she is my natural high.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Bogey - one over par. So close to the ideal score but not quite there yet. :)

If we get a female golden ever we are thinking of naming her Birdie to go with our golf theme. But I fear we might be creating more of a bird hunter than we could handle with that name.

·
2,472 Posts
the Pudden-head? All day long, every day :D

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
I don't think it's a good idea to name your dog after a food item :p: Biscuit is the #1 sock, underwear, washcloth eater. BTW...I love the name Mud E. Paws. That's so funny!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts