Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted a 1 year old golden about 2 weeks ago. He is super mellow and will snuggle and lay around while we're inside with the kids, but will normally play fetch and run around with us in the backyard.
Today he is acting super lazy, and has been just laying around all day. I've taken him out several times to try and play fetch with him and he will just chase the ball once and then lay down in the yard with it.

Also, this may be separate, but does anyone else's golden hold their urine for a long time? My husband and I have only had labs before, but it seems strange that our golden will hold it for so long. We take him out to play and go potty lots of times during the day, but I would say he only urinates maybe 3-4 times a day.

Thanks!

·
Kristy
9,917 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What's your dog's name? Has he been to your vet for a checkup yet? Is he drinking and eating? If he hasn't been seen yet, I would probably see about taking care of that. If he isn't drinking he ought to be seen but if he's eating and drinking ok, I'd just keep an eye on him and see if he's just having an 'off' day. We'd love to see photos :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts