Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took Ben for a short hike this afternoon. Fall has fallen around here, and so have thousands of acorns. For some reason he got interested in the yellow (not quite ripe) ones and started eating them as we walked. Telling him to "Leave it!" worked about half the time, but not always. Some he chewed on and spit out, but I know he swallowed some as well. Will they just pass through or is he likely to get sick?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,245 Posts
Acorns contain chemicals that are toxic to dogs- http://www.southarundelvet.com/sites/site-2440/documents/acorns.pdf

We went through this stage with Yogi last fall and I found carrying a bribe..errr..treat to divert his attention helped him drop them. So far this year he hasn't seem interested in either acorns or pecans. I hope this means he outgrew this stage. Toby did the same thing and outgrew it.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top