Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So interesting thing-

Noah had an yeast infection outbreak in between his skin folds after getting groomed. Not unusual for him. He has been doing SO great with his skin in his groin area but that black reddish flakey skin was coming back after a long while of being clear.

Anyway, I kind of had an a-ha, creative moment :p: Thinking of how Acidophilus helps with yeast infections and keeping a healthy gut.. and that I myself had some pills in the fridge.. I thought why not open the pill and put the powder directly on the infected skin. Took a couple pills but got it on.

Well :p: by the end of the day the skin was 70% better, the blackness was almost gone and the drying up. The next day I put more and and within a couple of hours later here I am looking and it is all dried up and pink skin!!!

His skin is still a little warm but no longer red or black or moist. I wonder if it will come back due to maybe his skin temp indicating something's still up. It looks and feels healthy now! All I can say is WoW!! :)

Anybody else try this?

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
No but Thanks for the tip, my DH is on Acidophilus for Celiac so I have it in the refrigerator all the time.........just WOW!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts