Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 6:30 today we will be sending our Bailey over the Rainbow bridge. Bailey is a beautiful 10 year old Golden that was hit hard by Lymphosarcoma. I'm so lost just lue leaving in 4 hours. I know its for the best, but the pain is so deep.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
I never know what to say .... my thoughts are with you during this very hard time. RIP sweet golden Bailey.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Oh, spoil your buddy and give him all of his favorite things and then just hold him.

It is so very hard and my thoughts are with you and Bailey. When I have known ahead of time that final goodbyes are needed I have invited those who love my pals (and who they have loved in return) to come say good-bye as well, it has helped me and might bring you comfort.

I have also seen last day pictures, which are always beautiful.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry. This is the worst of times, as many of us know. Try to spend these last hours truly just basking in her soul. Look into her eyes and share the love you have for her. And know that this final gift is the most unselfish act. We will be praying for you and for your sweet Bailey. Godspeed sweet baby....

Please stick around and, when you feel able, share some pictures and stories. There is a ton of support here and we will walk this path of grief with you. It really does help to have people that understand the roller coaster of emotions.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
.....my sympathies....so very tough to go through...

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Oh, my heart is breaking for you. Like Betty said, love on your sweet baby all day. and know that Bailey knows how much you love her. God bless you.

·
Missing Molly
1,524 Posts
I am so sorry. It is a very difficult thing to have to endure. Spoil Bailey, and smother Bailey with love and kisses. I feel for you. This is one of the most difficult things you'll ever do. Just know in your heart that you are doing the right thing and that Bailey will no longer be suffering. I'll say a prayer for you and Bailey.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I'm so very sorry for you. It is so hard to lose them and it has never been long enough that they have been around.

Your grief will be devastating at first, but with time you will be able to remember the happy times without so much pain.

I hope this evening is peaceful for your darling Bailey and you. You will both be in my thoughts, heart and prayers.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I understand what you are going through. {{hugs}} You are doing a fabulous thing for Bailey, and it is heartbreaking for you.

He will be met at the bridge by my Maxine, she went just 10 days ago.

Give your self a hug from me. GOD SPEED BAILEY!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Gosh, I'm so sorry. Rest in peace Bailey. I know how difficult this is, but it's the kindest gift you can give your friend.

You'll be in my thoughts.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I'm so sorry. It's a horrible feeling, I know. I remember our appointment at the vet's office (11:15am) for Maggie. The morning seemed to fly by but then again, it seemed painfully slow. Waiting to say good bye is almost unbearable. {{{hugs}}}

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Reading your post brings back similar memories for me. I feel your pain and totally understand what you're going through.

Here is a poem entitled "The Last Battle" for you to help you through this difficult time:

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

1 - 20 of 47 Posts