·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
Greats Pictures, she is a beauty.

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great shots....I love the one with her back legs up in the air.
Lol, yeah, it's like the ball hasn't a clue what's coming!!!

These shots were taken with my new lens today and I am well pleased with it. There'll surely be many more shots to follow.

Thanks for all your kind comments.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Wow, I marvel how some people just seem to be able to catch the "it" in photos. Of course, it helps you have beautiful subject matter to work with, but the photos are just perfect, color, lighting, composition. Thank you so much for sharing. Abbie is such a lovely girl.

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, I marvel how some people just seem to be able to catch the "it" in photos. Of course, it helps you have beautiful subject matter to work with, but the photos are just perfect, color, lighting, composition. Thank you so much for sharing. Abbie is such a lovely girl.
Thank you ... that's a lovely thing to say. As a photography student, I really appreciate your comments. It sure helps having a decent camera snd lenses, which I now own, but I am pretty pleased with many of those shots. Another thing to bear in mind also though .... for every good shot shown here, I also took another 100 duffers!!! ;)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I love the action shots of her. Such joy happiness and bliss is on her face, just running with the wind.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
These are such great shots, and what a perfect subject!

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Thank you ... that's a lovely thing to say. As a photography student, I really appreciate your comments. It sure helps having a decent camera snd lenses, which I now own, but I am pretty pleased with many of those shots. Another thing to bear in mind also though .... for every good shot shown here, I also took another 100 duffers!!! ;)
you got some brilliant shots of Abbie, so come on then........what kit are you using ??

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Dave,

Well my camera is a Canon EOS 40D and the lens I used in all those recent shots is a EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM, which I have only had for about a couple of weeks. I'm guessing you know a thing or two about photography as you are asking, so the main advantage is that the lens focusses very quickly for the action shots. Also, the head-only shots I took at maximum aperture (f/2.8) to blur out the background and I was able to take these shots at some distance (mine were at about 5-10m and I think I could have gone to 20 or so).

Do you have Canon gear, Dave?

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Hi Dave,

Well my camera is a Canon EOS 40D and the lens I used in all those recent shots is a EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM, which I have only had for about a couple of weeks. I'm guessing you know a thing or two about photography as you are asking, so the main advantage is that the lens focusses very quickly for the action shots. Also, the head-only shots I took at maximum aperture (f/2.8) to blur out the background and I was able to take these shots at some distance (mine were at about 5-10m and I think I could have gone to 20 or so).

Do you have Canon gear, Dave?
I use nikon ( d90 & d200 ) but would like a fast lens like yours though, welshgold is a canon lover with a big fancy lens and he gets some really amazing shots as do many on here. I love the pics I see on here. Look forward to seeing many more of your super action shots

1 - 20 of 22 Posts