Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday, I finally got my new camera! I got a Nikon D90 - with an 18-55 VR Lens, I have a couple of lenses on my wish list, but in the meantime, this one is working out quite well :) I am having lots of fun with it - and I took it on our last *tear* walk to the park before Burgundy goes back to the breeders to have her puppies. Her due date is February 23rd!

C'mon Mom!!

...first order of business...

Bailey on the move

Completely not in focus, but I like this airborne shot of Burgy...

Silly girl!

Bailey

Little Bella comes out to play

Mom, can I have a little privacy here please??

But Daddy, I'm not done playing with it yet!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations on the new camera. Looks like you are really getting the hang of it already. Enjoy your new toy and share the results here.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nice!!! :) I love the airborne one!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Your girls look so healthy and their coats look great. Great photos and am very excited to see pics of the pups. Will you be keeping one?

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your girls look so healthy and their coats look great. Great photos and am very excited to see pics of the pups. Will you be keeping one?
Nope... we don't have enough space where we are right now! Once we buy a house, have a baby (or two) then maybe we can consider a 3rd dog :)

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Great photos, you're doing an awesome job. I didn't realize that Burgy was off to the breeder to whelp. Praying for her that all goes well! Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Congratulations on your new camera and the great photos! As a fellow D 90 owner I can tell you that it is a wonderful piece of technology. I experimented taking some photos with it this weekend with our rare 12.5 inches of snow. My dog models were less than thrilled to wade around in the frozen stuff though.:(

Looking forward to more great photos of your gang!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Congrats on the new camera!! :) I can't believe you took picture(s) of them pooping! LOL only you, Melissa!! haha

Where'd you end up buying it from? Good deal on it?

The girls look great, and the pics are great too! I love the one of Bailey standing next to the stick, and the last few of her looking up at the camera :) I can't wait to see the pics from next weekend's meet :D

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the new camera!! :) I can't believe you took picture(s) of them pooping! LOL only you, Melissa!! haha

Where'd you end up buying it from? Good deal on it?

The girls look great, and the pics are great too! I love the one of Bailey standing next to the stick, and the last few of her looking up at the camera :) I can't wait to see the pics from next weekend's meet :D
I ended up getting it from B&H Photo online, and got it sent to US Address in Niagara Falls, NY - and went across the border to get it! For the body, the lens and remote control I paid $1250 including taxes and exchange! So it's pretty much as if I just got the lens for free :D

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I ended up getting it from B&H Photo online, and got it sent to US Address in Niagara Falls, NY - and went across the border to get it! For the body, the lens and remote control I paid $1250 including taxes and exchange! So it's pretty much as if I just got the lens for free :D
Nice! Good job :) I decided this weekend that I outgrew my camera (even though it's only 5 months old :curtain:) and I'm going to need a DSLR much sooner than I anticipated :D haha. Now to save up a grand for it is a lot easier said than done, especially when we have a ton of house projects we want to do this summer :( I would be happy to look into used ones but I would have no idea where to look/start.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! Good job :) I decided this weekend that I outgrew my camera (even though it's only 5 months old :curtain:) and I'm going to need a DSLR much sooner than I anticipated :D haha. Now to save up a grand for it is a lot easier said than done, especially when we have a ton of house projects we want to do this summer :( I would be happy to look into used ones but I would have no idea where to look/start.
LOL - I knew you'd want to join the club :) I would contact Henry's - I'm pretty sure they refurbish cameras? Worth a shot...

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
LOL - I knew you'd want to join the club :) I would contact Henry's - I'm pretty sure they refurbish cameras? Worth a shot...
Good call, I'll have to check them out on one of my lunch hours.

P.S. I forgot to ask in a previous post, is that Kevin in those pictures? What are those things on his legs - PANTS?! :eek: He owns a pair? ;) haha

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good call, I'll have to check them out on one of my lunch hours.

P.S. I forgot to ask in a previous post, is that Kevin in those pictures? What are those things on his legs - PANTS?! :eek: He owns a pair? ;) haha
Hahaha yes - that is Kevin, believe it or not... ;)

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Good choice on the Nikon! We ordered a Canon EOS DSLR a couple of weeks ago, but it ended up being out of stock, so we decided to go with a Nikon DSLR instead and I'm very glad that we did! I love it! We just got some great deals on lenses and other Nikon gear on ebay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts