Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I just went to take Mojo out to potty. I decided since I hadn't checked his incision out in a few hours, I'd do that too. So I gently had him roll onto his back...

... HE STILL HAS BALLS.

They weren't in his scrotum... they like... moved up, but I've seen them do that BEFORE he had his surgery too!

I felt one of them... and it was hardish. Like there was definitely something in there. They looked just like they did before he was "neutered"...

I'm freaking out right now. I don't think they were "swellings" ... because they looked just like his testicles.

Should I call the vet? What would I say? "YOU DIDN'T GET THEM!!"

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Oh my, I've had only girls. But I would call that a shocking surprise.

I do believe I'd be on the phone to the vet on Monday. How long since he was 'neutered'.

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was neutered Wednesday...

... but... *ahem* ... I think I found out what they are. I'm very embarrassed.

They are his "Bulbous Glands"...

:eek::doh::eek:

I was so worried I posted here before looking online.

:eek::eek::eek:

·
16,000 Posts
HAHAH! Don't feel like the Lone Stranger - we used to get a couple of calls a month from clients whose dogs had been neutered and they were positie that we'd either missed them (what DID you remove :uhoh:?) or that they'd grown back immediately.
It was always good for a chuckle. So, you've denied your vet's office a good grim. :D

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
LOL Yup, I can see them on my (unneutered) dog too every once in a while when he's laying on his back getting belly rubs. Imagine my surprise when I saw them the first time, saw his *ahem* balls intact where they should be, and thought "omg my dog has 4 testicles!!!"

They've all got em :)

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
LOL thats funny..but I would have thought the same thing..I have always had female dogs!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Yeah, when Harry was a puppy (my first boy I mihgt add) and the vet told me he had undescended testicles, I said 'oh I know, they're still right up here' and promptly pointed at his glads...the vet had a little chuckle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts