Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, okay I am waiting to check-out at the ER Vet (Towhee has an ear infection) and a uniformed man comes rushing in with a small carrier exclaiming that he needs to have a cat examined.

Turns out, the man in from AC and he received a call about a cat who was stumbling around in the road, possibly has rabies, and was now laying still in a window sill. He locates the cat, and speaks with the house owner who turns out to be the owner of the cat.

The owner called the Police about the cat, who in turned called the Regional Animal Control. The owner had not given his cat her rabies shot and questioned why give an outdoor cat the shot? He suspected rabies although the AC was leaning toward poisoning and was going to wait to find out what the cat's problem was so he knew what the owner could be charged with. He was absolutely livid that people like that actually have animals.

I saw the cat, a beautiful white and tan who was laying quietly on her side in the crate covered with a soft blankie - undoubtedly put over her by the AC officer, and who knows maybe the only act of kindness this cat had seen in her life. Perhaps she was already dead she was so still.

Can you imagine not even caring enough about your cat to not only not give her a rabies shot ($20 at Petco), but to call the Police when she got sick .... jeez ..

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
My neighbor has a 13 year old female cat. She is completly outside and has never been spayed or had shots. Fortunately she has never had kittens but it is a pain she goes into heat and all the boys in the neighborhood hang out in our yard and theirs. It upsets my cats and dogs. But their dogs are all given shots and taken care of.
I have tried talking to her but she says that they just feed it, it is not their cat. DUH you asked me to go and feed her everyday and you leave your garage cracked so she can sleep in the garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts