Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been thinking of making a kind of tribute video to Saffy - I am also seriously thinking of writing a book of her story. I really want to do this because I think it could be good to help others who go through similar experiences. Obviously there would be far more to a book - I'm just collecting things/thoughts/ideas together in this video, which I put together today.

I would welcome any feedback on it, however ... one of the best things about this computer age is that you can save things in a state that can be edited and improved upon as time goes on ...

I hope you like it.

Saffy's Story

Cheers,
Simon

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I love the video. I read your comments too and I think writing a children's book is a fabulous idea. Maybe you could write it for children who have recently lost their site. And the picture of Saffy as a baby giving Abbie a kiss is one of the best and sweetest pictures I've ever seen.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
I loved the video as well......it brought tears to my eyes.

Saffy is amazing.......I loved watching her and Abbie play. It's hard to believe she is blind.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Wonderful tribute to a beautiful girl!!! Saffy is amazing and I loved seeing her play with Abbie. I agree that you would not know she was blind.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I loved the video, beautifully done! Saffy is GORGEOUS and wow, I never would have thought she was blind, she gets around so well!

My Spiffy went blind the last month of his life due to cancer that had spread to his brain. - He was a trooper though and just as happy as ever. It was amazing to see how despite his loss of vision he remained the happy, upbeat guy he always had been. Dogs are amazing like that, nothing seems to get them down. I figure we can learn a lot from them. :)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Wonderful video and think you will be helping a lot of people who face this in a young dog. Saffy is just a wonder and Abbie just the best friend ever. You have done very well with this.

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dogs are amazing like that, nothing seems to get them down. I figure we can learn a lot from them. :)
Thanks Huckleberry and indeed to everyone for your kind comments. Huck, those words you write there are so true. My wife used to say that to me and I'd think "Yeah, yeah" ... but we have truly LIVED this with Saffy. I worried that she might just give up, she was so poorly, but truthfully, I don't think she even got out of first gear! :wavey:

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Simon

Simon

I think it is a wonderful idea and would be an inspiration to others going through this!!

Your Saffy is so special!!!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Simon, it's VERY clear that you are a convert to loving dogs:) Wonderful video of your lovely pooches. Saffy is amazing!

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Incredible little dog. You would never know she was blind. Truly amazing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts