Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that Golden puppies are a lot of energy and the older dogs aren't always appreciative of it. Our 11 year old Cocker Spaniels have put up with a lot of puppiness and I'm sure everyone else's older dogs have too.

So post pics of your older dogs that have been good big brothers/sisters this year.

Ms. Bailey

Duncan

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Max has tested the patience of both Billy and Dru. I lost Dru earlier this year but he was one of Max's patient older brothers for eleven months before I lost him. Billy is now the elder statesman, he will turn ten in April
***Edit: by the way, the manner in which Max is turning on that last pic makes him look horrendously huge. He's not...he's got a lot of coat. He's "fluffy" in the hairy sort of way!!!!:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
What a great thread idea!

This is my Shih Tzu Ashley who was none too happy when Max came to live with us. He was a crazy pup all his life and she was too much of a lady to join in his antics. Both are at the bridge....I think of them daily.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Great thread! Ella has put up with a lot this year... she was a wonderful sister to Hunter, a patient and tolerant role model for several foster dogs (Big Don, Rudy, Teddy, and Waggy), and welcomed our new puppy (Jackson) with open paws! She certainly earned her Christmas presents!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Oh, I love the idea of this thread! I only have my one girl, but I'll be coming back to look at all the older sibs..

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
When Reno was 8 years old, he lost his lifelong buddy and best friend, Phoenix. A few weeks later we brought home 3 month old Austin and one month after that, 9 week old Lincoln joined our family. Poor Reno not only had 1 puppy to deal with but 2!!! He should have won an award!!!

Even though Reno is the one with cancer, he continues to look after Austin by grooming him, making sure everything is clean and spiffy! He puts up with Lincoln's puppy antics (even though he's almost 3) and never gets angry.

Reno is the best big brother!!!

Attachments

·
Didge's Mommy!
1,144 Posts
Great idea for a thread!

I know our girl Kelly deserves a medal for putting up with our new baby Didge!!! :D;)

Attachments

Reactions: C's Mom

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wanted to contribute to this thread too, even though one of my dogs does not live with me. Daisy, my childhood cocker spaniel is 15.5 years old. I got her when I was 12 so naturally as I grew up and went to university, she stayed at home with my parents. Well they just live down the street and Sawyer has been there to visit all the time since we brought him home. She's been so patient with him - and I think he knows she's an old girl because he never tries to be rough with her, instead, as he's grown, he's become like her protector following her around and letting her drink out of the water bowl first :) I think having a puppy around was good for her too, she's been given a new lease on life and is always happy and energetic when he comes to visit (you'd never know she was almost 16!). Even though she's now deaf and has cataracts, she still see's him coming and gets very excited. She's a good girl and I'm happy her and Sawyer were able to become friends!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts